europe are better at creating games than the japan

I agree, there are a lot of rockin' European coders. For newer stuff, just look at Digital Illusions, Croteam, or Crytek. But as far as Batman & Robin goes, yes, it's pretty sweet, code-wise, but the game was not time to the 68000 heart on fire!

Comix Zone did some pretty impressive stuff too (I think it was coded in America, but not 100% sure), but like the man said

Originally posted by it290

the game was not time to the 68000 heart on fire!

Originally posted by it290@Tue, 2005-10-18 @ 06:38 PM

I agree, there are a lot of rockin' European coders. For newer stuff, just look at Digital Illusions, Croteam, or Crytek. But as far as Batman & Robin goes, yes, it's pretty sweet, code-wise, but the game was not time to the 68000 heart on fire!

[post=140842]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you play all through Batman & Robin? The last level (4) is nothing special, but everything from level 1-1 onwards keeps getting crazier and crazier. The background in the first shoot 'em up level, the rotating clowns, the boss fight with Mad Hatter.

Would you argue Alien Soldier did set the "68000 heart" on fire so to speak?

Comix Zone showcased some great ideas (wouldn't mind seeing those again in a new game). I was pretty impressed by the way they tried to imitate a comic, but code wise it is nothing special.

Back