Ever burn a Sega CD iso & add your own soundtrack?

Has anyone here ever burned a SEGA CD game (from .iso and .wav) and added their own favorite music tracks to the game instead of using the game's original music tracks?

And what are some good tracks to replace the ones in Final Fight CD? The tunes in that game could be better and I want to burn a copy with some good music to fight to. :lol:

RAH.... sega cd tech help, PLEASE!

Oh and yes this is doable and fun.... i did it with alot of games like Sonic CD and Earthworm Jim and Final Fight (surprisingly)

You can do this with Saturn games too (e.g., IceMan2k + Quake = IceQuake). As for what to use to replace the audio tracks, you would just need to experiment using what music you have.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Mon, 2004-11-01 @ 04:11 AM

RAH.... sega cd tech help, PLEASE!
Sure ;)

The tracks would probably need to be the same length as the original though as to making the game seem correct while playing.. right?

I don't think the music tracks would need to be the same length since they loop in a game when a song is finished anyway. You would just need to make sure the file size of the tracks will all fit on the CD.

If you were replacing dialogue tracks, like the ones for the Lunar games, then the correct track-length would matter.

Yea, I just ment for it to go along with the stage and not cut off at a crucial part or still be playing would still work but it would be odd while playing the game.

Back