Ever seen a CPU with smoke coming out of it?

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
I was reading the "A New Kind Of Fast: AMD Athlon XP 2200+" article at TomsHardware and came across this THG video (9.6 MB) on page 3. It was pretty cool and funny seeing smoke coming out of a CPU after removing the CPU's cooling device.
biggrin.gif

I have seen (I SWEAR it) a CD-RW with smoke coming out of it and a jelly-appearance CDRW on it.

There were times of full-copy-all-the-day... Some time later they caught me
sad.gif

Well take this into fun... Put a old cd (90s to mid 90s) into a 54x or higher cd rom, now access it at full speed

..............................*SNAP*........*Ratttle Rattle*.........

uh..oh....

Can someone tell me what happened boys and girls?

or put any cd into a cheap high speed drive, then turn the drive on its side

btc ones in particular are good for doing this

ive seen them tear up the lower side of the cd just by doing that

NB DONT DO IT WITH A CD YOU EVER WANT TO USE AGAIN!

Who NEEDS fast speed! I mean think... 40 gig HD, OK fine!

2 ghz CPU, FINE!

SO WHAT Xp is still slow as hell, DOS is faster however

BUT its STILL slow due to the HD, SOOOO make a RAM hardrive! THAT would be FAST!

Also CD roms... still no need for em.

Im HAPPY with my 4x burner! The faster ones burn out faster, ALSO if you do movies or music 2x is safer anyways so quality is good. Also a better burn. mine is 3 years old and burning strong! (650 Iomega ZipCD external) Nice things!

mitsumi 2600 te, 1995, 500 bucks :S. she still burns like new and i have never had a bad burn except i have to use win9x to run it 2k and xp don't like it.

Originally posted by Mysticales@June 12 2002,01:22

Who NEEDS fast speed! I mean think... 40 gig HD, OK fine!

2 ghz CPU, FINE!

SO WHAT Xp is still slow as hell, DOS is faster however

BUT its STILL slow due to the HD, SOOOO make a RAM hardrive! THAT would be FAST!

Also CD roms... still no need for em.

Im HAPPY with my 4x burner! The faster ones burn out faster, ALSO if you do movies or music 2x is safer anyways so quality is good. Also a better burn. mine is 3 years old and burning strong! (650 Iomega ZipCD external) Nice things!

if you buy a decent make (ie plextor/yamaha or such) you wouldnt have any problems with either software compatibility or burning speed its the people who buy the cheapest high speed drive and then try to record on 20p blanks at the max speed and then get problems like the discs dont read well in everything, or just isnt recognoised by some of the software on the market

if you buy cheap, expect it to be crap or it to break down in 18 months, you will get exactly what you pay for my plextor works fine with discjuggler, nero, easy cd creator, fireburner, cdrwin, blindread, clone cd, everything one ive tried on it except nti 3.6, but since all the others worked that wasnt a problem ( i only used it because it was one of the few ones that did work with my old 2x6 write only dysan drive) that drive is now over 4 years old and still works fine btw

Back