Exhumed/Powerslave

In Exhumed there is 23 "Teamdolls" that you are going to find in order to play Deathtank. Number 21 and 22 are hidden behind loads of extremly hard lazer traps. I have tried more than 30 times now and i really need help. I have played through the rest of this game with ease. But just this area seems impossible. Is there any invincibility code or any other way to get around those lazers. Or do you have any ideas on how to get through them? Its the Pal version Exhumed i am playing, so using the code at the control option screen won´t help. Please, i am getting crazy soon...

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Oct. 13 2002, 12:42 am

In Exhumed there is 23 "Teamdolls" that you are going to find in order to play Deathtank. Number 21 and 22 are hidden behind loads of extremly hard lazer traps. I have tried more than 30 times now and i really need help. I have played through the rest of this game with ease. But just this area seems impossible. Is there any invincibility code or any other way to get around those lazers. Or do you have any ideas on how to get through them? Its the Pal version Exhumed i am playing, so using the code at the control option screen won´t help. Please, i am getting crazy soon...

Uh oh, i hope you haven't wasted too much time finding these dolls, because Deathtank is not in the PAL version of Exhumed.

ohmy.gif
You've found that many team dolls?

I've only found a few of them and one of them was by accident.

Wait, there's a Death Tank in Powerslave?

I thought that was in either Quake or Duke Nukem. Also I keep hearing of a Death Tank Zwei.

Someone please tell me what Death Tanks there are and where/how to find them.

Death Tank Zwei exists in Duke Nukem 3D. To get to it I think you either need complete the game without destroying any toilets (not sure about that) OR have a Quake save game in main system memory. It does not work if you save to cartridge.

Not sure about the original Death Tank, though I think it does exist in Exhumed/Powerslave.

Deathtank is NOT in the game? Damn! I thougth it was, since i read an Faq on www.gamewinners.com . But then, what will happen if find all those Teamdolls? Guess i have to get Duke Nukem 3d then, and get two good games at the same time. (I have quake).

Originally posted by Curtis@Oct. 13 2002, 2:24 pm

Death Tank Zwei exists in Duke Nukem 3D. To get to it I think you either need complete the game without destroying any toilets (not sure about that) OR have a Quake save game in main system memory. It does not work if you save to cartridge.

No, you have to destroy every toilet in DN3D to unlock Death Tank Zwei. According to the FAQ over at GameFAQs, the Quake/Exhumed save can be on a cartridge too.

A quick Google revealed that to unlock Death Tank in Powerslave you have to go to the controller config menu and swap buttons X with Z, A with C and L with R. Dunno if it works in Exhumed, too.

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Oct. 14 2002, 12:55 am

But then, what will happen if find all those Teamdolls?

Very good question.

Now I'm going to have to start playing Exhumed again.
biggrin.gif

I had a quick go remapping the controls and it didn't seem to do anything.
sad.gif

Wow, I remember Powerslave/Exhumed. Easily the best FPS on the Saturn. The framerate, the controls, the level design, the whole egyptian setting, everything about the game was high quality. Not to mention the impressive lighting effects. Shoot a weapon down a hallway, and watch it light up the hallway on the way down it. Impressive.

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Oct. 13 2002, 3:55 pm

But then, what will happen if find all those Teamdolls?

Instead of unlocking Deathtank, you will unlock god mode, which enables you to fly and breath underwater. Also, your weapons will operate at faster speeds.

Originally posted by antime+Oct. 14 2002, 4:16 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(antime @ Oct. 14 2002, 4:16 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Curtis@Oct. 13 2002, 2:24 pm

No, you have to destroy every toilet in DN3D to unlock Death Tank Zwei. According to the FAQ over at GameFAQs, the Quake/Exhumed save can be on a cartridge too.

A quick Google revealed that to unlock Death Tank in Powerslave you have to go to the controller config menu and swap buttons X with Z, A with C and L with R. Dunno if it works in Exhumed, too.[/b][/quote]

Well I'm certain that I couldn't get Death Tank Zwei to work unless the (Quake) save was in system memory. I have an official Sega backup cart and saving to that did not work. Maybe it's a Euro thing ???

I knew it had something to do with toilets...

OMFG!
ohmy.gif

I now see what you mean about those lasers. There has got to be a switch or something else that helps you get through. I've had only one try at it so far, but I can't readily see how you could get past them otherwise.

Slightly OT, but still relating to Exhumed...

I recently bought a Saturn as 'untested' and I booted up an original of Exhumed to test it with. Once it booted I was greeted by an unfamilair sight: the opening 'exposition' had German subtitles. Ramases spoke German too.
biggrin.gif

I'd never realised that with some(?) Euro games there were several languages covered by one disc depending on what language the console was set to. Anyway that's not the interseting thing...

After trying French and Spanish, I tried Italian. There were no subtitles for the opening, but there was a rather scary easter egg at the title screen! Try changing the language of the Saturn a few times and see what happens.
ohmy.gif
:
wink.gif
:

Back