Extra Samba songs via VMU?

IIRC, Sega was offering downloads of the additional songs. Of course the songs aren't actually on the VMU, the downloads just unlock them on the disc. Sort of like the Skies of Arcadia extras.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 26, 2004 @ 12:26 AM

IIRC, Sega was offering downloads of the additional songs. Of course the songs aren't actually on the VMU, the downloads just unlock them on the disc. Sort of like the Skies of Arcadia extras.

so is there still a place to DL these for free?

what are these SOA extras you mentioned?

Originally posted by racketboy@Mar 26, 2004 @ 11:54 AM

so is there still a place to DL these for free?

According to the seller, no.

Is there even a Sega Samba site anymore?

I'd have to look into the samba site, i have the game but haven't checked out. anyway even if it's not up, they will be up at the SegaFans website soon, about all other games downloads (including the unreleased Sonic Adventure 2 files) are up. i think the only ones not up are PSOv2 and Samba De Amigo, this however is only counting US games, there are some PAL and Japanese, but not much.

Oops, i didn't look at the link, what i said above stays true for the US release, but for ver. 2000 thats the only way to go if you want it done right, however at gamefaqs.com you can download a file (i think it's a hack or cheat) that will unlock everything even the download songs.

The SOA extras:

One of them was an old man in a little floating hut who told you your battle stats (# of kills, times run away, etc.)

Another was a battle against a giant Looper or something (I think, might have been some other giant creature).

I can't remember what the third one was. It might have been some goofy weapon or something.

Anyway, nothing really big, and if you have the GC version I think these things are already included.

The one with the floating island also let you get the last cham in the game. Without it you couldn't get the ultimate Cupil morph in the game that gives you the uber weapon for Fina. The only alternative is to play the VMU Pintas Quest game and hope that you will eventually after many many hours luck out and find a cham in it.

The third one gives you the Swirlmerang for Aika (a lolipop boomerang) that ALWAYS confuses the enemy. And you get the Tuna Cutlass for Vyse (which as the name implies is just a giant tune used as a sword). Both weapons are very powerful for the first 3/4 of the game BUT cost a fortune to buy.

Vyse's weapon is crap, but is powerful when it hits (assuming it actually manages to hit). Aika's weapon always hit for me and the bonus of confusing the enemy helped too...especially bosses with multiple minions.

Back