FAT32 and DVDr drives

You can't really find a pc WITHOUT some sort of 3D card in it these days. I don't even think there are any consumer cards that are 2D only.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sep 10, 2003 @ 03:13 AM

Yeah, it might blow YOU out of the water, but for games it won't blow WinME out of the water. If you wanted to you could always use 98 lite with WinME and get a super-lean system. XP wasn't meant to match ME on performance. Buy more RAM! BUY MORE RAM!!!! Bill Gates commands it!

I'd still take Win98SE with 98lite any day over WinME.

I will never subject anybody to installing ME for anything.

never had 1 decent experience w/ ME....everyone I know w/ it their comp. is insanely slow and shitty....and crashes WAY too much.

Originally posted by BJammzz@Sep 10, 2003 @ 10:12 PM

never had 1 decent experience w/ ME....everyone I know w/ it their comp. is insanely slow and shitty....and crashes WAY too much.

exactly

im suprised this wasnt even thought of or mentioned yet but isnt the bare minimum for most if not all dvd burners a p3 600 and 64m of ram? if so wouldnt that be the problem right there?

I dunno know what the deal was with his computer. . . but it seems ok now. I was on it tonight for a few hours. I dwnloaded slackware 9.0 iso at 662MB in 1 hour ., it averaged 1.52Mbs. I was so impressed. :)

this was during dvd ripping, gnutella client running, and me surfing through FAQs and not notice the previous problem.

He does need ram and was suppose to have it last week. I think it can only take 2 128mb.

WinME is basically 98TE. 2k wasn't ready for desktops, compatibility with 9x isn't as good as XP. 2k was meant as a replacement for NT.

Anyway, I've had WinME installed without reinstalling or formatting on this computer for around, hmm, 2 years now? Its quite stable, and fast. Just finished downloading all of Family Guy with bittorrent. Man that was a massive file.

I think its more the computers that it came on, or the users, that are the problem. You know something's wrong when johnny's emachines has more adware than non-adware.

Back