Faulty Genesis Pad

I've just gotten a Genesis 3.

It's all in new/mint conidition.

But the pad is faulty. It acts as if the right button is always pressed. The pads has obviosly been hardly touched.

I opened it to see if anything was sticking, and it's not. Nothing is shorting any of the tracks.

Any idea whats up? I'll get a pic of the PCB soon. theres one track that seems weird.

(It's a six button controller, which I would not mind having working!)

Mark

Have you tried a different controller with that Genny? It could possibly be a fault with the console.

Right, now the only question is whether you want ones like this or this. I prefer the look and feel of the second one, and I don't use turbo. But that's just me, if I have a specific need for turbo I've got a programmable SG propad 2, which is actually pretty good except the dpad isn't quite as nice.

I love the first-series official 6-button controllers, but I have to say, I have a no-name 3rd party pad called the 'SG replacement pad' that looks just like the Sega ones w/turbo, and it rocks. The cords are really short, which is the only problem, but the dpad is really comfortable. I think EB sells them.

I swear by the Remote Arcade Pad from Sega. It's the most comfortable game pad Sega made for the Genesis. And as a bonus it's wireless so no cords to trip over. Plus it only cost me a buck each for the 3 pads and the pad and reciever I got, all of them brand new in box.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Mar 19, 2004 @ 05:51 PM

And as a bonus it's wireless so no cords to trip over.

Yeah, but then how do you kill someone with it? Err, not that I'd use a controller cord for that sorta thing... yeah...

Back