Favourites?

road rash
smile.gif

Falstaff, no 3DO section is up yet as there are no emulators for the 3DO yet, nor ever will be.
tongue.gif
Gallstaff you are thinking of Invasion Earth 2010: Shock Wave!! That game is so cool!!
smile.gif
and yes Immercenary and Road Rash were superb gamews as well...road rash on 3do was BETTER than the PSX version!! Oh and while im here in the 3DO section, Ive been totally sucked into another game for 3DO....its called Psychic Detective and is VERY mature game.....AWESOME!! Man its got like 20 different endings and its a hard game as well......most of the time I end up the village idiot or something similar....but last night I got the cool bracelet ending!! great game with TONS of reply value!! and a story line thats simply amazing!! Outstanding game ONLY on the 3DO!! ofcoarse.... and YES WC3 is the one starring mark hammil.
smile.gif
and suckamc thanks for the explanation, I only have the cdr of that one, no manual here....so that game is gonna be tough...thanks alot for the explanation on how to play it though, maby Ill get further now.
smile.gif

no problemo.

Actually, if you're starting a new game, the manual suggests you remain close to the Doasis(where you heal and "talk" to the other characters). From a new jump, killing the lower droids won't increase your rank(the number on the top right hand corner of your HUD), but according to the manual huffmanning them WILL increase your yellow, red and green "potential" levels(your maximum yellow, red, green levels should increase).

Now, the only level you need to watch is the yellow. Once that's gone, your dead. So go experiment huffmaning and going into the doasis every time the yellow gets low.

One more tip, for faster kills, set 2 of your 3do controller buttons to "default" shot - you'll be able to shoot twice as fast.

If you find a red ball with a bicep logo(Annabal), or a green one with what looks like lighting-bolt logo on it, use both of them at once. They will double your red and green power levels, respectively.

To look for the silver droids, use your radar and look for moving objects shaped liked upside down "v"s.

awesome....this info will help greatly, I was curious about the things shining light into the air, some kill me and some give me health or power right? the game is kinda complex to get....I found end bosses in different areas but man o man can they shoot fast.....the only thing I dont yet get about the game is the stamina......you cant run very fast for very long before you get tired and need to stop moving.....then I die....or dissapate or whatever...annoying, I just need more movement capability to get from one place to another.....I wish I had the manual of an explanation of Perfect, the Garden and such......the people you talk to are cryptic in the game......Perfect is a place you go to stay, the price for staying is your soul the price of leaving is your life? Its all virtual reality....Im missing something?? Right? Maby you could scan the manual for me.
smile.gif
I would love to read it.

I don't scan bud.

The light poles replenish your yellow, red, green(levels). Now, stamina replenishes itself by just standing still. But ALL y/r/g levels replenish in the main oasis. The light poles have an eyeball on them, showing how much energy it has left to give. If the eyeball can't lower any further(you will hear the energizing sound stop), then it has no more to give. All light poles replenish their energy when the world goes dark. Here you get the "all algorithms off during storm." During this "storm" do not go to the poles - instead of giving you energy, they will take it away from you. That is why during a new jump, you should stay near the oasis - this is the source of the world's energy, and it ALWAYS replenishes your levels, even during the storms.

A simple technique: stay near the oasis and build up r/y/g levels. Replenish them in the oasis whenever they go down, and especially during a storm!

To run, hit the joypad twice and hold it down. To come to an immediate stop, press the 2 shoulder buttons on the 3do controller at the same time. You won't be able to kill the first Boss, Medusa(Pyramid), until your rank lowers to about 150.

Immercenary is much more fun now that my rank is 181, Ive got plenty of life and stamina to go kill whatever pretty much, I go kill Medusa now, hope she is easy like in castlevania.
smile.gif

Medusa can only be hurt by if you hit her on her back. She will be running in a clock-wise circle. Make sure you put yourself a bit to the right side of the opening(where you will see her running around). This way, the wall will block her shots to you, and you will have open shots to her back as she turns. If you put yourself on the left side of the door, you will see her front side only and she'll knock you silly with her shots.
smile.gif

I agree. The game is really fun after you accumulate some rank. If you don't read the directions, and think it's like doom where you run and shoot and almost never die, then you may get frustrated and say "this game sucks." hehe

Suckamc I found a very simple way to kill the bosses, I killed medusa over and over again testing this out and I also killed the guy directly south of the DOAsis, I simply put the control pad to the double shoot option like you stated above and I stand in the energy giving thing in the middle of the arena/maze and I sit there and constantly gain all life, ammo, and stamina, and I sit there and blast away....they die fast every time and I never get hurt and I never run outta ammo....I know its cheezing it alot, but its the easiest way to win.
wink.gif
plus the portal to the DOAsis is like you said one directly north and one directly south of the DOAsis, plus I found more of them, one directly east and west of the DOAsis but up a tiny bit on the outter edge of the garden, plus I found one on the north-eastern corner of the garden and one on the south-western corner outer edge. I wished we had a giant map we could pin point all the objects as well, like the p.e.m.s. are around the DOAsis and the Hex is found in the mid town of the south-eastern area of the garden. From what Ive learned Balkan is a tough bas7ard, stay away from him as much as possible, there are 11 bosses running around in Perfect you need to Huffman to be able to beat Perfect1 and throw the master switch to end Perfect, To gain Rank you must kill/Huffman the stronger foes and man some of them are strong!! You can see thier rank in your sights, if they are 256 they suck!! and if they are 180 or so, they are stronger and worth exp. points. the ones that expand like ballons are really tough....I got to Rank 181 in my 3rd jump, is that good or what?
smile.gif
Im going to slaughter Perfect1 very soon, I just gotta kill Balkan first....I think hes only like 8th in rank as well...Did you have a tough time with chance? Does chances little friens ever stop coming after you, man there seems to be infinate amount of them floating around....and I think I just bumbed into Perfect1 aka PerfectRob rank 1. I dont think I will be alive for much longer.
tongue.gif
I belived this place was a good spot to sit and rest for a bit since the monsters were not coming around this area, now I see why.
tongue.gif
Its the North-West Corner lit up white....must be the spire.

Oh and when you are at the DOAsis getting health back simply turn around immediately after entering the DOAsis and face the oppisite direction , walk a few steps forward and stop. and you will gain health 5x faster....I think if you face one of the "teleporters outside of the oasis , while standing at the edge of the doasis gains the energy even faster.....it helps speed the game up a bit...and 1 more thing, does one of the charactors in the game have a studdering problem? or is it my cd? I think Picasso is a studdering moron...

Oh and I just beat Immercenary with the Rank of 52!!
smile.gif

Here is the notes I took when defeating the bosses in the game, hope it helps you out!

Immercenary High Order Ranks

01. Perfect1 (Killed) - He is Nowhere but Everywhere, You will meet him when the time comes.

Kill Perfect1 when at Rank 52

02. Raven (Killed) - Lives in the Stadium

Kill Raven when at Rank 53

03. Loki (Killed) - Lives in the Stadium

Kill Loki when at Rank 54

04. Chance (Killed) - Found in the middle of the giant Swirliedo (The Church), west of the DOAsis

Kill Chance when at Rank 55

05. Chameleon (Killed) - Mansion in the East District next to the outer/middle edge of the Garden

Kill Chameleon when at Rank 60

06. Riberto (Killed) - Found directly South of the DOAsis near bottom/middle of Garden inside the Phone Booth

Kill Riberto when at Rank 70

07. FLY (Killed) - Found in the (HIVE) , South/West Outer Edge of the Garden.

Kill FLY when at Rank 80

08. Balkan (Killed) - Found in the BBall Courtyard, North/East Corner of the Garden

Kill Balkan when at Rank 100 (After you Kill Silva)

09. Silva (Killed) - Found at Waterfountain directly north of DOAsis

Kill Silva when at Rank 101 (It says Kill Balkan, But Balkan is Stronger!!)

10. Tesla (Killed) - Found in power plant , North/West corner of Garden

Kill Tesla when at Rank 131

11. Medusa (Killed) - Found in Pyramid, directly east and close to the DOAsis

Kill Medusa when at Rank 181

And Remember to get the Nukeya as fast as possible, its found near the stadium. (The Huge Red Ball on the map above the DOAsis and to the left.) It makes the game FAR easier to play....and dont get discouraged....near Rank 55-60, the entire system of Perfect was glitching up and getting ready to crash hardcore, it froze my system a few times, that is why I quit going up in Rank and started defeating the bosses instead....In the end Perfect gets so currupt, and buggy the trees and stuff are floating in the air!!
wink.gif
Its a super tight game and I want to thank you for telling me how to play it, it was a blast!!

I forgot to mention I beat the game several weeks ago. Yes Balkan is the 1st boss to really get tough. The most useful powerup I found was the "Pushya." Unlike other powerups, Pushya doesn't take away energy when you use it(it pushes enemies away from you). With it, you can push the Balkans away while you remain in the powerup spire, then keep blasting them.

The "trees in the air" isn't a glitch/bug. When you have defeated all bosses except the final one(Perfect), you get a fmv cut-scene, where they explain the situation, including a time limit while facing Perfect. The Garden, therefore, is ready to crash - and leaving things floating and out of order...without power, etc. A very well thought out game.

You're very welcome fakk2.

Wouldn't it be great if they re-released this game on a newer platform...
biggrin.gif

It would be too cool if they released it on PS2...wow.
smile.gif
But until then I think Ill beat it again, and see how fast I can do it,

I managed to kill Riberto in my first jump at level 255
smile.gif
and medusa!! This game is soo much fun I think I shall beat it again....Perfect1 is just too easy now. The nukya made the game way too easy, but alot of fun!! Man I even bought the game off of eBay and it didnt come with the box and Im depressed, now I gotta buy another just to get that Box....(Im collectng all 3do games mint in the box now) and this game needs to be one of them. at least the manual helps...

Road Rash -

Easily beats the PSX version, due to the horrible loading times on PSX version.

Return Fire -

Addictive game play, don't be afraid of the lack of fancy 3D graphics it is so much fun.

Back