FFX-2 and grandia

i just beat ffx and started playing ffx-2 today (i couldn't stop laughing after first FMV with Yuna). anyway, after the first battle, my first thought was: "gee, this feels kind of like grandia." see, they revised the ATB system in ffx-2: now you can do "chain hits," characters don't have to wait for the other characters to finish their moves, and they don't stand in three arbitrary locations (you know, kind of like grandia!). but did anyone else notice this? just thought it was interesting.

The only similarities are that you can 'cancel' opponents' attacks when you get critical hits, and that some attacks take longer to execute than others.

I think where the two games battles systems parallel are:

1.) The speed of battles (lots of things going on at once). I actually had to slow the battle speed down in the options once I started because it was too fast for me.

2.) The ability to cancel an opponents actions with critical hits.

3.) A secondary time that is used in order to wait for a skill to be used (I don't remember if this was in Grandia or not though).

4.) Thier both in Active time.

5.) Multiple members can attack at the same or different opponents at the same time, causing combos.

Back