fighting an addiction

i'm giving up instant messaging all together but i've tried to do it before and it never worked. it's like i'm addicted to going online and hoping people will be online to talk to. how the hell can i get over this i mean even quitting drinking would be easier than giving up instant messaging. it's like a geeks/nerd/losers crack. and i already know some of the suggestions i'm going to get

1. get a girlfriend(would if i could and i keep trying)

2. go out and do shit(i do and you cant go out all the time)

3. get a hair cut and get a real job hippie(i plan on it)

get a computer job where they don't allow instant messangers... you'll be used to surfing the web for hours apon hours without a messanger that you will no longer miss it.

I don't EVER turn on GAIM when I'm at home anymore. I use forums to talk and that is it.

First, gather your thoughts to why you want to give up Instant Messaging. Also brainstorm your preferred form of communication to be used as an alternative to Instant Messaging.

Now, pronounce your goal of giving up instant messaging to the people you usually instant message with. Use the reasons you gathered previously, to help them understand your decision. If any other members are also wanting to give up Instant Messaging, then they will hopefully join you in your IM strike.

Put the ball in their court, by explaining the alternative(s) you have chosen to continue communication with, and also, if you want, a schedule of contact. Now if communications break down, you can't blame yourself.

At times when you usually would Instant Message, seek other things to do with your time. Try things that you previously had considered, but chose not to do, due to the influence of Instant Messaging. Hopefully, you will find somethings that are entertaining, and productive.

eh that'd be the problem i hate all the people i care about LOL.

crazygoon did you take some other kick a habbit info and replace the habbit wtih instant messaging. I mean i quit drinking for a long time and that was easier than aim since i'm always at my computer and when i'm at it i just have to have it on. basically i want to quit because fewer and fewer of my friends are online anymore that and i want to not show intrest in a girl i showed intrest in since she basically shot me down after she went after me so i'm playing hard to get and if that doesn't work fuck her there's better fish in the sea.

Ok:

1> Change your AIM password to some impossible-to-remember combination. Don't write it down.

2> Uninstall AIM.

There ya go. Your buddy list and everything will be gone, and hopefully the uninstallation will be a deterrent. You won't be able to log into your account anymore, so even if you do reinstall people won't know your nick.

Piss everyone off, enough to make them stop talking to you, and then you'll eventually get tired of coming online, waiting for them to come on and talk to you...

Yeah, what it290 said would work aswell :D. And no, that information I churned out wouldn't be applicable to any other situation. At least, I don't think it would :ph34r:.

all i know is i uninstalled aim many times and then woudn up installing it a day or 2 after. i also told most people to "fuck off". i'm telling oyu it's like i'm addicted to herion i keep going back even thoug i dont want to. all i know is right nwo i'm wasteed and i have to wake up in a few hours to go to cancun to get wasted ver more aaaaaaaaaaarhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh say no to alcohol kids. but honestly most people i talk to on aim can fuck themselves theyr'e a bunch of sluts and whores my they all burn in hell for being such sluts and hwores(hey i know i'm burning there so i dont damn myself)

eh id ont knw i dont give 2 fucks to car eanymore may i walk into the ocean when i'm in mexico and never come back

joe is 3 sheets to the wind in that post!!!!!!

how about this, I will put you on my buddy list, anytime you sign online I will mail you one of various body parts I procure from family members of yours.

YES, family members, would you quit for the sake of your family?

(sarcasm for those momos out there who think I'd kill people, I refrained from the B**B word because of this)

This idea spawned from "loan shark" tactics my ********* (relation omitted) used on his customers. It entailed beating the snot out of the customer, photographing and mailing the pics/finger/toe to family members telling them to pay or the violence will continue through the family.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 12:46 AM

This idea spawned from "loan shark" tactics my ********* (relation omitted) used on his customers. It entailed beating the snot out of the customer, photographing and mailing the pics/finger/toe to family members telling them to pay or the violence will continue through the family.

[post=136887]Quoted post[/post]​

what an asshole

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 08:00 AM

what an asshole

[post=136894]Quoted post[/post]​

I respect the man like no other though. Heart of gold he has, just don't screw him over.

Originally posted by lordofduct@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 07:03 AM

I respect the man like no other though. Heart of gold he has, just don't screw him over.

[post=136896]Quoted post[/post]​

So he'll give you a hug before he dismembers you. hehehe

that's like the old joke what's the difference between a republican and a democrat one of them smiles when they fuck you the ass the other doesn't

Back