file compression

Gallstaff

Established Member
Ok well my problem is that i just got giants: citizen kabuto from my friend, and i put it on my computer and can play without the cd just fine. But the file is in a .exe format and it's 770 megs. the most you can fit on a cd-r is 700 megs so i was wondering, is there a way to fit it on a cdr? My friend got it of kaza so i think that's why it may be so big but i'm not sure. any help would be apreciated.

Hmm. you trusted Kazaa p2p? and downloaded it, and wish to pirate it further?

it is $20 for Giants Citizen Kabuto.

just buy it.

But the file is in a .exe format and it's 770 megs. the most you can fit on a cd-r is 700 megs so i was wondering, is there a way to fit it on a cdr?

Use a hammer, but be fucking careful. *lol*

That should fit if you can find a way to write it as Mode 2 Form 2 rather than Mode 1. Keep in mind, however, that this makes the disc more vulnerable to dirt/damage.

It's a rip, not a cd image, so if you try to burn it, it's not going to work. Just run the .exe and let it do all the work since that's not the games .exe, but a large executable that will be doing some serious decompressing and extracting.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Sep. 04 2002, 10:11 am

That should fit if you can find a way to write it as Mode 2 Form 2 rather than Mode 1. Keep in mind, however, that this makes the disc more vulnerable to dirt/damage.

how would i do that though?

Back