Final Fantasy 1 for the NES

Hey Guys,

I just bought Final Fantasy 1 for the NES off ebay. It comes with sleeve cover and manual, no box, for 30 bucks. Is this a good deal? I don't know how rare this game is, but I'm currently playing FF Origins and I kind of dig the retro feel of FF1. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

well...you can now get FF1 on Psx for less..

.......and 30$$$$$?......unless your a die hard collector of nes carts....you bid too much!

With the manual, that's a little high but still somewhat fair. With the maps, you just scored. I have two copies. One I paid $5 for just the cart. The other, I paid $6 for it complete, but they guy at the fleamarket didn't know what he had.

Originally posted by VertigoXX@Apr 21, 2003 @ 04:15 PM

I have two copies. One I paid $5 for just the cart. The other, I paid $6 for it complete

you my friend, are a true bargain hunter!....$5 (IMO) is still a bit much for a used NES cart. but it's a RARE game.......so i guess it makes it worth the money!

$5 (IMO) is still a bit much for a used NES cart. but it's a RARE game.......so i guess it makes it worth the money!

Yeah, the game is still good enough by today's standards to be worth the $5. Hey, I paid $45 for a used SNES Chrono Trigger, just the game and box. The game was great enough (and hard enough to find) to be worth it. (That was long before the PSX version came out or was even announced, BTW.)

Actualy, a friend and I bought several copies of FF1, just the cart, for $5 each. We would buy them at one store, then take them to Funcoland and get $11 credit for each one. We did that with a few other games for various systems, buying for a few bucks one place or another, then getting a bunch more credit on trade-in at Funcoland. He got his Dreamcast and two games for about $45 doing that, when the system still cost $200 new. I never saved up enough credit for anything that big, though.

Hey, I paid $45 for a used SNES Chrono Trigger, just the game and box. The game was great enough (and hard enough to find) to be worth it. (That was long before the PSX version came out or was even announced, BTW.)

The PSX version is quite inferior anyway. Sure, you get anime cutscenes, but you also get in-game load time quite frequently, which just sort of seems inexcusable when the original game is only 4MB. I hope they did a better job with FF1/2.

It just didn't feel right playing Chrono Trigger or FF2(4) and waiting for the 16bit sprites to load that long.

I bought FF1 by itself (perfect condition) w/sleeve, no box, manual or maps, for $3.99 + tax.

Back