Final Fantasy 7 for the Sega Saturn

Somebody Remember the translatation from the psx to the Sega Saturn of FFVII, here in Sega Xtreme was a link to the page of the people who was working in that project.

what happen to that?

sad.gif

Based on some of the comments he made, I don't think it was a hoax, I just think he just bit off more than he could chew and didn't want to admit it.

Saying that you are going to port a game without its source code onto a system you don't know jack about isn't what I'd call "biting off more than you can chew."

Based on what he told me, he was going to make an interpreter of sorts for the saturn to play the game, while being extremely hard, it would be possible.

Saying that you are going to port a game without its source code onto a system you don't know jack about isn't what I'd call "biting off more than you can chew."

It seems that the posts got deleted in one of the board transitions, but I seem to remember him discussing problems at a level distinctly above not knowing anything about the system. Specifically, I remember a post having to do with issues rendering the models with quads instead of triangles (a key difference between the Saturn and PSX with regard to polygon drawing), including how texture rendering could differ using an "easy" way to turn triangles into quads. However, I don't think he was particularly well-versed in the system, as I also think he was advertising the development (he didn't claim to be developing it, just that it was being developed) of a hardware gadget that (IIRC) couldn't possibly work with Saturn's architecture. But it's entirely possible to be a programmer without fully understanding the underlying machine.

Anyway, it's possible that it was a hoax; I'm just saying that's not the impression I got.

Hmm, I may be new to this forum, but from what I can hear, it was a hoax. And here's another thing, I wonder if he's still hanging around these forums with another name? Plus, have you noticed that the other Saturn Utena site for that Blue Seed translation hasn't been updated in months?

Back