Final Fantasy

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Dragons and broadswords, mystery and adventure. Final Fantasy has them all!

An evil shroud covers the world in darkness. You must restore the powers of earth, wind, fire, and water to the Four Orbs. Create your own band of 4 Light Warriors from fighters, thieves, martial artists, and magicians. You'll need all their skills to triumph in this massive role-playing adventure.

Your treacherous journey takes you to all parts of a strange new world. Explore dangerous castles and dark caverns where deadly perils, and great rewards await at every turn. Hundreds of ferocious monsters block your path. With patience, skill, and cunning you can defeat them.

Come, begin your quest. Enter an enchanted new World. Command your warriors! Prepare to face the Final Fantasy!

A world shrouded in the darkness of evil. Your mission—to restore the light!
Did you know that Final Fantasy was released 2 days before Phantasy Star in Japan?

Front Cover
Back Cover
Cartridge

This was one of the earliest RPG's I played. This, Phantasy Star, Dragon Warrior, and Ys were the games that got me turned onto them.

I love FF. I have played both the original NES version and the PSX remake. I've never played the GBA version however.

The GBA version's pretty good... albeit much easier than the original NES version. I walked up to Chaos and smacked him with a fly swatter and he went down hard ;)

This game is a great game... even if some of those "FFVII Recruits" didn't like it very much. It's not as big on the story end as the other FF's mainly because this was supposed to be a final effort. The final gamble, and well... it succeeded.

But... I was never really a big fan of the "Spells per Day" system... It works great in D&D, but in a Videogame... it just doesn't flow for me.

In the end... it was a fantastic game for its time. Much deserving of this award.

This was my first console RPG. My grandma bought me a NES for Christmas in '89 and I bought FF soon after. I still play it to this day. I'd probably be playing newer installments if the series hadn't gone downhill.

The first in the legendary RPG Series. It will probably be a valuable antique someday when Final Fantasy XXVIII is released for PS7

Back