FINALLY!!!! Border Down is comming to me!!

Hey all. I FINALLY have a copy of Border Down for Dreamcast comming to me. I can not wait. I have waited many a year to own this and I am very excited about it finally comming to me.

To add to the excitement...not only am I getting Border Down...but I am getting the Limited Edition version of it. I am all giddy with excitement!!!

So my next question is..how do all of you like the game?

So my next question is..how do all of you like the game?

It's fantastic. The whole system of the game getting easier as you die and harder as you do better keeps it challenging but not frustrating, plus you have more incentive to replay to get through all the routes (like Darius Gaiden).

Throw in good graphics, music, responsive controls, and you've got a great game. I don't care much for the "bullet hell" shooting games, so Border Down and R-Type Final stand as two of my favorite modern shooters.

So tell us, what kind of cool stuff came with your Limited Edition version? :)

It's my favorite shooter by mile, it also plays great with a Saturn pad and a VGA adapter, the extra sharpness really helps dodging bullets.

Good game. I agree that it's nice break from all the bullet hell shooters. But the thing I like most about Border Down is that it actually feels as though your enemies want you dead. There are SO many games that despite having a lot of shots onscreen, you can't help but think the badguys would be shooting at empty space even if your ship wasn't there. That feeling of "Man, these guys are really gunnin' for me!!", is something that BD totally nails.

Hello all. I got my LE version of Border Down not too long ago. It came w/ the Soundtrack and a special booklet that of course I can not understand. But that is no matter. The seller packed it horribly and the case was busted up and a small wrinkle and tear on the side of the top insert was there but the game discs, spine card, and manuals and CD are all in excellent shape.

This game is great and I love it. I am usually not a fan of horizontal shmups but I am really into this game. I love the music, controls, and overall gameplay.

The bosses are nice and the Stage 1 boss seems to remind me of something but I can not quite figure it out.

I also have Ikaruga, Under Defeat, and Triggerheart Exelica to play for DC so I love the variety I have so far...but IMO its still lacking. I really want to try Karous, and Radilgy. I'd like to re-obtain Trizeal and I wana get Shikigami no Shiro 2.

:)

Back