Fire Pro Wrestling: 6 Man Scramble

slinga

Established Member
Hey what's up everybody?

How come no one here ever talks about Fire Pro? It's hands down the Saturn's most underrated game. It has 50-60 hours of gameplay in single player mode, and countless more in multiplayer mode. Not to mention the fact that you can play with 6(!!!) people at once. It's just an amazing game. The only flaw with this game is that it's Japanese and it's not easy to download files from the internet like you can for the PS or DC versions.

I think people have moved onto better things now (Fire Pro D, Giant Gram 2000, No Mercy) that just make it seem so outdated now
sad.gif

I think it's underrated too.

And a lot of wrestlers in the WWE are underated, including Shane Helms (The Hurricane). I'm glad the WWE is going through tough times, they're writing has been crap and the people that get airtime suck.

hahaha hard to believe the wwe lost the law suit they started against the world wildlife fund. hahahahaha serves those greedy corporate bums right.

Has anyone noticed that once the WWF (ok...WWE) brought back Hulk Hogan, they also brought back all the old-style crappy gimmicks that there were in his time? I mean, c'mon...Reverend D'Von and Deacon Bautista? Sounds like the same person who came up with "The Repo Man" came up with those names. Pretty soon, we're gonna have "The Gambler" (There actually was one in WCW way back! ), "The Golfer", "The Pirate", "The Fireman", and ultimately it'll just be "The Wrestler". I swear, and what's up with Billy and Chuck? They're totally gayed out. Ugh...it's all crap now. And that really means something because I used to actually want to become a wrestler for the WWF back in the day. Now if I even tread that way, I'll have to start my own fed 'cause the "WWE" sucks big mango sized kangaroo ballz.

The name "Repo Man" was probably taken from the film. But how can you claim a stadium full of mostly men watching other men prance around in tights not "gayed out"?

Originally posted by BigDAlcala@June 21 2002,04:00

Has anyone noticed that once the WWF (ok...WWE) brought back Hulk Hogan, they also brought back all the old-style crappy gimmicks that there were in his time? I mean, c'mon...Reverend D'Von and Deacon Bautista? Sounds like the same person who came up with "The Repo Man" came up with those names. Pretty soon, we're gonna have "The Gambler" (There actually was one in WCW way back! ), "The Golfer", "The Pirate", "The Fireman", and ultimately it'll just be "The Wrestler". I swear, and what's up with Billy and Chuck? They're totally gayed out. Ugh...it's all crap now. And that really means something because I used to actually want to become a wrestler for the WWF back in the day. Now if I even tread that way, I'll have to start my own fed 'cause the "WWE" sucks big mango sized kangaroo ballz.

Has anyone noticed there isn't a good next-gen WWE game yet? Havn't played WMX8 yet though... Raw 2 might be intersting and I'll have to beat Smackdown 4 with a large stick..

Ah well, back to 4-player Royal Rumble
biggrin.gif

I love fire pro wrestling.. its not underrated, all the jap mags gave it high rateings... i found it hard to learn with all the menus ect

When I say underrated I'm referring to the fact that not many people play it anymore. It's a great game, better than most of its sequels (which are all 4 player at most). Off topic but does anybody have a Fire Pro save file? Mine got corrupted =(. Thx.

Originally posted by BigDAlcala@June 20 2002,23:00

Has anyone noticed that once the WWF (ok...WWE) brought back Hulk Hogan, they also brought back all the old-style crappy gimmicks that there were in his time? I mean, c'mon...Reverend D'Von and Deacon Bautista? . . . Ugh...it's all crap now. . . . Now if I even tread that way, I'll have to start my own fed 'cause the "WWE" sucks big mango sized kangaroo ballz.

Well, as far as writing goes it's Stephanie McMahon and Vince McMahon who have ultimate control over the final product. So if they don't like something they give it the axe. Way back when the shows were good people like Russo had the ability to exercise a lot of creative control. Not that that's a terribly good thing, but as you can see it's much better than the current product.

The whole deal w/ it being 'gay' is understandable. But I viewed it as a low level catharsis for any untoward hositility. I mean, they're attempting to get the audience to believe this stuff actually hurts (well, it does, but not like what it'd hurt in 'real life'). The storylines were intriguing too - basically a macho soap opera. But now it's pretty lame, and very difficult to watch.

Finally, there are a couple new feds, there's NWA-TNA which aired it's first PPV (which wasn't half bad), and another fed whose name slips my mind who is attempting to get a cable contract.

Not that it'll be huge competition to the juggernaut of the WWE, but right now the WWE needs competition to be better. It's just really bad tv (for those unenlightened / enlightnened [depending on your perspective] - it's worse than usual).

I miss ecw.

::sniff::

And don't hand me any of that crap with all the ecw guys in wwe(f), it's just not the same.

Back