First Xbox 360 seen in the wild

It’s pretty common for kids to go trolling on game forums and make obnoxious claims such as having a go on the Xbox 360 in their own home. Well, this thread on Gamespot started that way, except the kid actually backed up his claims with these photos:

thumbxbox3600013xa2xm.jpg

thumbxbox3600031yh7zn.jpg

thumbxbox3600023ee1fy.jpg

Now the kid is begging to get the thread deleted (maybe he found out what an NDA is), but the cat is already out of the bag. Apparently his step dad just started working for Microsoft under the title of Regulatory Compliance Manager, and is currently hardware testing the Xbox 360. The wires coming out the top are for such testing. The hardware is apparently complete, and although there were no 360 games to test, he gave Halo 2 a spin in backwards compatibility. He is claiming the power supply is external, and is enourmous. He also raved about the user interface/dashboard and the feel of the controller (and this coming from an admitted PlayStation fan, so it must be good).

You are a damn lucky kid, but I hope you didn’t just cost your step dad his new job.

From 360hacker.net.

Originally posted by tsumake@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 05:34 PM

Well, somebody's father is fired....

[post=136916]Quoted post[/post]​

As soon as i saw this, that was the first thing that i thought of,... little shit

Originally posted by Kannon@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 04:47 PM

I thought the xbox360 couldn't play xbox games.

Or is it just no support for the controller.

[post=136914]Quoted post[/post]​

It will require an individual emulator for each game, but all the most popular games' emus are pre-loaded on it, emulators for less popular games will be downloadable in the future. And last I heard the old controllers won't work on it.

I'm more curious about why that apartment has no furniture...

Originally posted by Dud@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 05:43 PM

It will require an individual emulator for each game, but all the most popular games' emus are pre-loaded on it, emulators for less popular games will be downloadable in the future. And last I heard the old controllers won't work on it.

I'm more curious about why that apartment has no furniture...

[post=136922]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess his stepfather just moved to seattle.

lucky shit. this reminds me of a kid at my jr high when the DC came out. he had it a little before the japan release date cuz his old man worked at Iomega and they were developing a zip drive for it. That little bitch..

Don't know how lucky he is. At the very least, his father was disciplined for this; possibly even fired. I would kill him if he was my kid.

You really think his dad was fired? It's not like he showed the world the internal spec sheets and sent the parts to Sony. We've all seen pictures of the thing flying around, what's different about these? Except some kid is sitting in front of it and they're blurry. Nothing to see here, move along. If someone got fired over this crap, that's pretty retarded.

Back