Floupix feedback poll

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Fri, 2004-11-19 @ 08:49 PM

Have you got a paypal-account? Call me stupid, but I really thought about how one could support homebrew games for Saturn.

Vreuzon doesn't but I do, give me the money :biglaugh :biglaugh

Anyway, I don't think Vreuzon cares about donations, he wants to see people play Floupix ! Needless to say, we're a bit disappointed that so few people seem to care about a really good original and fun multiplayer game, and the first homemade Saturn game that's more than just a demo (I mean, you won't spend a night playing Minesweeper, 12-Player snake or Sporting clays, no offense intended).

And believe me : you'll remember the bonuses colors after some games. Start with a bonus collection with just 2-3 colors to learn them. I don't agree with vreuzon about making the options name unclear, but it's not that important : just check the dancing bonuses when you change bonus collection, and for bonus frequences, it's just more and more bonuses from none to ok corral.

And most important of all : don't play Floupix alone ! Get friends and have fun !

Well, back to work. :rolleyes:

Djidjo

I wish I had friends here Djidjo =(.

I'm even going to spend Thanksgiving alone, probably microwaving a chicken hotdog for dinner....man how the mighty have fallen.

Originally posted by slinga@Thu, 2004-11-25 @ 12:03 AM

I wish I had friends here Djidjo =(.

I'm sorry slinga ! Slap me, burn me ! :slap :flamethrower:

I LOVE 12-players snake ! YOU had courage to make a game till the end, not like me and my deadborn DeathShip game.

I'm even going to spend Thanksgiving alone, probably microwaving a chicken hotdog for dinner....man how the mighty have fallen.

And I'll spend it playing 12-player snake with 11 other friends !

Sorry, slinga :blush:

Djidjo

Lol thats not what I was talking about Djidjo, I'm talking about friends here in MD, I moved out of NY for a semester. I literally have no one to play video games with and I have never played Floupix with more than one person.

Snake 12 is crap, I just thought it was good for a first release for a lousy coder like me.

Originally posted by slinga@Thu, 2004-11-25 @ 03:57 PM

I literally have no one to play video games with and I have never played Floupix with more than one person.

Where I live, I know of only two other persons who still own a Saturn.

One of them is an asshole, the other one a junkie.

And those who play Saturn games with me don't even care about selfmade games.... :(

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Fri, 2004-11-26 @ 08:39 AM

And those who play Saturn games with me don't even care about selfmade games.... :(

But do they like party games ? I mean, if they like to play Death Tank or Bomberman, they'll love Floupix Ping Pong, won't they ?

Originally posted by Djidjo@Fri, 2004-11-26 @ 02:16 PM

But do they like party games ? I mean, if they like to play Death Tank or Bomberman, they'll love Floupix Ping Pong, won't they ?

[post=124513]Quoted post[/post]​

I have always loved Worms and thanks to you I could enjoy Death Tank(Zwei), too. That's why I hoped to see your Death Ship one day...

I've put this off for far, far too long. I just hooked up my saturn again today (was sharing power cable with dc before) and I went to finally try out floupix but I can't find any blank cds (700+used cdrs though :angry: ) I'll dig through until I find a couple... floupix sounds awesome and I love snake games, and multiplayer, so woohoo to that too. If someone could make a multiboot disc with the death tanks, floupix, snake, and death ship (when it gets completed ;) ) that would be sheer awesomeness.

Originally posted by Ammut@Sat, 2004-11-27 @ 10:11 AM

If someone could make a multiboot disc with the death tanks, floupix, snake, and death ship (when it gets completed ;) ) that would be sheer awesomeness.

A multiboot disc must be quite hard to do because of starting addresses, but it would be nice, sure :) Death Tank rips and S.S.M.T.F. games are not the same thing, though. Vreuzon and slinga made a real hard work on making an entire game, I was just a lucky bastard with my Death Tank Rips :D (I just saw both of my DT sites have been deleted ! Have to up them again ! :rant ).

Ammut, did you try Floupix yet ?

Djidjo

Vbt released the 2003 saturn contest as a multiboot disk; it should be possible to issue a ssmtf multiboot cd.

It would not be straightforward : it would need some changes in the filenames on the cd and some space problem would arise for floupix' audio tracks almost takes a full cd.

So if someone feels like working on it., tell me.

Back