Forum Rules?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Forum Rules of SegaXtreme, are not that informative & need to be revised!

“3. All DC, Xbox, PS1/PS2, Nintendo and PC piracy posts will be followed by a ban!

We do not support piracy for these systems at this site. All questions relating to downloading and copying games and applications for these systems will result in a ban. Go elsewhere for this stuff. Homebrew development discussions on these systems will be allowed, but do not turn discussions into piracy threads.”

So is posting a question about Ripping images from PS-1 CD, considered “piracy” by these rules?

Also what about tech info on emus?

Also these rules are only placed in the “General” forums!

Someone posting in any other forum will have a hard time spotting these out!

I've been wrongfully warned for posts which I didn't know they were against the rules, simply because I didn't see any rules in that specific forum!

:angry:

That Sucks!

I request Justice!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

The rules would be in the topic directly above this one, Mr Observant.

[edit] I see that you found them. Well done. Would you like an elephant stamp?

Going by the warning written by Iceman, it sounds like you asked for a game or info on where to get one back in Feb this year. I don't what it is that you're going on about now though.

No!

I asked for info on how to burn correctly Iron Clad for NEO GEO CD!

But even if I did ask for a game, the rules are not present in all the forums!

A site with 50 different forums, is quite stupid having to go to general forums, to see the forum rules.

Sorry to burst your paranoid little bubble, but the warning was given to you about 5 weeks before that post.

Warning = Feb 21

Neo Geo post = Mar 28

I could use my 1337 5K1LL5 and get some pics if you need convincing...

I can confirm that he's had no PMs or email sent through the board that would appear to have anything to do with warnings...

I ask again, why the raving?

Use what ever you like.

That Doesn't cancel out the fact that the forum rules are uninformative, carelessly written & need to be placed on all forums!

Tell you what - I'll give you a refund on your membership fees because we're clearly not giving you value for money.

I can't say fairer than that. :)

Originally posted by retroborg@Jun 27, 2004 @ 05:02 PM

I asked for info on how to burn correctly Iron Clad for NEO GEO CD!

But even if I did ask for a game, the rules are not present in all the forums!

You didn't receive a warning for that, I only locked the thread. Furthermore, the forum list clearly states

Neo-Geo

English NG forum, NO EMU/ROM TALK.
Your reading comprehension skills or lack thereof is no concern of mine.

Warning:

Attachments

• Warn.png
    Warn.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Warn.png
    Warn.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 103
Originally posted by antime@Jun 27, 2004 @ 05:50 PM

You didn't receive a warning for that, I only locked the thread. Furthermore, the forum list clearly states

Your reading comprehension skills or lack thereof is no concern of mine.

"Clearly" :thumbs-up: :D

Good thing that it was so clearly stated!

Somebody needs to learn the basics, of how to design a forum obviously!

Originally posted by Curtis@Jun 27, 2004 @ 05:14 PM

I can confirm that he's had no PMs or email sent through the board that would appear to have anything to do with warnings...

I ask again, why the raving?

I don't like being warned for something not clearly stated!

Forum rules exist only in "General"

One has to navigate through all the forums, just to find them.

Place them in the root of the forum & then start warning people.

Hypocritical!

Since you seem to be extraordinarily thick even by Superyoshi standards, let me repeat this just once more: you were not warned for the Iron Clad post.

You've used the General forum before. If you have been incapable of finding and/or reading the rule post there, having them repeated in every forum (as they used to be) would make no difference at all.

Originally posted by retroborg@Jun 27, 2004 @ 01:36 AM

The Forum Rules of SegaXtreme, are not that informative & need to be revised!

“3. All DC, Xbox, PS1/PS2, Nintendo and PC piracy posts will be followed by a ban!

We do not support piracy for these systems at this site. All questions relating to downloading and copying games and applications for these systems will result in a ban. Go elsewhere for this stuff. Homebrew development discussions on these systems will be allowed, but do not turn discussions into piracy threads.”

:sigh Ok, let's go through your basic list of demands. Not informative? What do you mean? As in "no information"? Well that's clearly not true, there is plenty of information in that single point.

So is posting a question about Ripping images from PS-1 CD considered “piracy” by these rules?

Maybe. Show me the thread you are talking about and we'll take it from there. If you have concerns about a particular thread, you should find a "Report this post to a moderator" link in every thread.

Also what about tech info on emus?

This is covered in rule 3 - "Homebrew development discussions on these systems will be allowed". Read. Understand. Move on.

Also these rules are only placed in the “General” forums!

Someone posting in any other forum will have a hard time spotting these out!

*Gasp!* See antime's response to this. If you're a newbie who just jumps onto the first forum he sees without taking the time to familiarise yourself with the layout of the forum - particularly threads with titles like "Rules - read or die" - then you're asking for trouble. I have no sympathy. And the vast majority of members on this board with a warn level of 0 don't seem to have had any problem with this system.

I've been wrongfully warned for posts which I didn't know they were against the rules, simply because I didn't see any rules in that specific forum!

:angry:

That Sucks!

I request Justice!

As you seem a little unclear as to which post (and yes that is singular - you have only ever been warned once) it was that got you warned and why, then don't come crying to us for "justice". Get your facts straight. Why didn't you complain at the time of the warning? Talk about being a drama queen...

Im not sure exactly because i signed up a while ago. But i slightly remembering being informed during the sign up process to read the rules in the "general" forum.

Nevermind the fact that true this is a free forum, so dont get so touchy, iceman gives alot to this community. Email, PM, a great forum page, alot of sega news and awesome people to converse with. Stop griping about frivolous crap.

Yes but he was asking how he could play [not burn] a NeoCD cd-image in a emulator, it cleary states no emu/rom talk.

Ok, let's go through your basic list of demands. Not informative? What do you mean? As in "no information"? Well that's clearly not true, there is plenty of information in that single point.

The rules are uninformative, misstated, scattered all over the place like a puzzle & need to be revised!

The “NO EMU/ROM TALK” is not contained within the rules, but instead it’s unclearly placed beneath the NEO GEO forum.

Scattering different bits & pieces of these so-called “informative” rules across the board, other than in the final document, is a nuisance!

Maybe. Show me the thread you are talking about and we'll take it from there. If you have concerns about a particular thread, you should find a "Report this post to a moderator" link in every thread.

I have nothing to report.

Besides, I’m not a pimp unlike others.

I wanted to post a question on how to rip images (not FMVs) from a PS-1 disc, specifically from the ending slide show of Mega Man X6, but I didn’t, because I have no time reading through all the forums to find if this is breaking any misplaced rules, as it isn’t stated in the General.

This is covered in rule 3 - "Homebrew development discussions on these systems will be allowed". Read. Understand. Move on.

About the Iron Clad post, I didn’t talk about ROMs but ISOs!

As for the Emu part, one could only consider it as “Homebrew development discussion”

*Gasp!* See antime's response to this. If you're a newbie who just jumps onto the first forum he sees without taking the time to familiarise yourself with the layout of the forum - particularly threads with titles like "Rules - read or die" - then you're asking for trouble. I have no sympathy. And the vast majority of members on this board with a warn level of 0 don't seem to have had any problem with this system.

Sorry for being a newbie Mr. Administrator.

That would be true if this board only had 5-6 forums. But with 50 different ones, it’s someone else’s problem for doing a sloppy work in the lay out.

This is probably the only site in the Net, that doesn’t have the rules posted in every forum. It’s not that it takes a lot of space.

You’ll also find a lot of other “informative” rules present in other sites, missing from SX board.

Not my problem.

As you seem a little unclear as to which post (and yes that is singular - you have only ever been warned once) it was that got you warned and why, then don't come crying to us for "justice". Get your facts straight. Why didn't you complain at the time of the warning? Talk about being a drama queen...

First edit some decent final rules to justify the “informative” statement, place them everywhere & then start warning/banning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back