free dreamcast

i dunno about in your region, but here the local EB stores are offering a free dreamcast when you buy $75 in used games, so i picked up like grandia 2 , skies, bangai-o, code veronica, and crazy taxi and got me a replacement system (finaly). so you may wanna look into that, allthough i think the deal stops at the end of the month. im in maryland BTW, so if thats where you are, then the stores are doing that for sure.

If it is used, then I will get it. New ones won't let you used burned emus and such.

BTW, $75 of DC games? That is hard seeing they cost about $5 each now. Maybe a few GBA games...

if the new models don't handle cdrs i guess you could always mod it.

only dc game i've ever seen at e.b. for 5$ was wild metal (which i picked up 'cause i think it's pretty cool)

out here in ca anway the bastards are still charging 10 for friggin penpen triicelon

"you're the fastest penpen in the world!"

and you're the most annoying videogame voice over guy in the world!

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@July 29 2002, 2:46 am

Please stop the talk about Dreamcast CDR's/Modding.

K, sorry. But I swear that I only use it for homebrew stuff. (That is why I am staff at www.consolevision.com
biggrin.gif
)

Originally posted by sizone@July 29 2002, 10:47 pm

if the new models don't handle cdrs i guess you could always mod it.

only dc game i've ever seen at e.b. for 5$ was wild metal (which i picked up 'cause i think it's pretty cool)

out here in ca anway the bastards are still charging 10 for friggin penpen triicelon

"you're the fastest penpen in the world!"

and you're the most annoying videogame voice over guy in the world!

I got NFL 2K at Funcoland for $2. It was complete too.

SkankinMonkey Posted on July 29 2002, 11:46 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please stop the talk about Dreamcast CDR's/Modding.

we can still talk about modding ps2s and xboxes though, right?

you mean can you buy the $75 in games with store credit? i dont see why not ( and it seems that only that one eb i was at stopped on the 31st, cause i was just at a ebgameworld that was still running it)

hey, i was just talking to a canadian guy i know on irc, and he says they are running the same deal at the EB's in canada too. so.... take advantage of it!

it seems like a good deal if you got say, 75 dollars in crappy games and traded them in. their last offer for 10 games and 100 bucks off a ps2 or xbox was a good deal, this is sos so, considering you could probably get a dc on ebay for much much less. its possible. btw anyone know a good site to get the up and comming game ikaruga, for the dc? I seen one place buy-ritegames.com but they want close to 60 bucks?? thanks.

in response to SegaSaturnDDR (the first post of the topic...) the only thing my local EB ever give away for free on the DC was Chu-Chu rocket! but only when you brought Dc software first...

Back