Ftpa and 101 page updated!

Ok I have done some updates to it and YES Torx I HAVE updated your stuff! And Izlude I have added you in like I said FINALLY =P If I forgot someone. Let me know ok?

Also Im open to any ideas you may have about the pages, should something be added? Deleted? Anyways I REALLY would like that ALL ftpa hosts use dns2go or so...(Just makes life easier =P)

That and SOME way to show your ftp is online. Torx is the only one I know right now that has something (He uses webpage) please see if you all can do same =)

IF someone is not active anymore OR your ftpa host and not hosting anymore PLEASE tell me! Ok? I have the post on top in ftp forum =P

The fonts don't match in paragraph one and the last paragraph when compared to the rest of the text on the page.

FTP is an acronym for something and is generally ALWAYS written in all caps or all lowercase. Be consistent with your capitalization/lower-case-ization.

Actually, here are some things that need to be changed.

-----------------

You should make it look like this for each user:

UserName

Server Speed: Cable, 512k/256k

Max Users: 4

Allowed Bandwidths: 2 56k, 3 Broadband or Higher

Server Software: Serv-U

Comments: Blah blah

Private Accounts Available: Yes

Main Content: Sega Saturn, Sega CD, Sega Dreamcast

Ratio: Yes

Have their name clickable to send email rather than a seperate link for it.

-------------

Also, the heading for the FTP Networks section should not have a period.

-------------

All Ftp notes and messages can be found in the forum or at this link. Click Here.

should read as

All FTP notes and messages can be read HERE.

-------------

If I find anymore I will post them.

Alright, I've had these idea for a while now (it's not complete) but it will really help out for seeing if the FTPs in the FTPA are online. How about you host an Online image on the server itself? Then on the FTPA page include the image. For the link use ftp://username:password@ftpserver.dns2go.com/online.jpg. I've tested this out and it worked for me and a my friend. If the server is down though, the image would not load up, I tried looking for a java script so if that link is down, it would load up an offline.jpg picture. But I did not find anything. Tell me what you guys all think.

Thx did most of it now.

Ftpa hosts please inform me if you INDEED have ratios and private accounts so I can fill the info in.

Also it will NEVER get boring here....we LOVE to bitch! =P

tell me when i get around to flashing the bios on my server to try and fix some of the probs the flasher gets half-way through screams it doesn't have enough space and say there is only 128 kb available and the mobo is posed to have a 256kb bios chip. and this is just when i got my dsl and i just got my ftp server prog running someone tell me i ain't jinxed!!! ???
sad.gif

How about a FFAQ on newbie 101?

No, I'm not stuttering.
biggrin.gif

You know, the seemingly everyday questions like

'Can I play CDRs on my Saturn with an AR?'

'Can I get a mod for my 20 pin Saturn?'

'Can you hurt your Saturn by swapping?'

and many others for the various Sega consoles.

I'd be willing to help with the Saturn part.
smile.gif

Link everything to Newbie 101, and get rid of the Miscellaneous section.

In other words, rename Miscellaneous to Newbie 101. As much as I'd like to think it is, Misc. is not intuitive.

Rename Docs/Translations to 'Game Translations'.

Need an FAQ for Nero (and any other programs that haven't worked).

Finally, try finding random questions that have been answered on the boards (stuff that isn't answered in misc, obviously).

Of course, I'm very willing to help.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@May 14 2002,14:39

In other words, rename Miscellaneous to Newbie 101. As much as I'd like to think it is, Misc. is not intuitive.

Finally, try finding random questions that have been answered on the boards (stuff that isn't answered in misc, obviously).

I think that I've suggested one or two of those before, but nobody seemed too interested. Maybe with the power of a Mystic, the dream may come true.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@May 14 2002,00:39

Docs/Translations is that way because it is not soley intended for translations.

Misc section I will keep up for whatever. HOWEVER I can take some stuff and move to 101. Like Skanks file. He can have the online version. I have the hlp file =)

Please email any stuff youd like on 101 =) Ill post it.

I agree 110% with curtis. We need a major overhaul for the newbies section. Take what we have from the newbie 101 section and the Misc. section plus add whatever ppl want to contribute (like Curtis's suggested Q's) all into the Newbie 101 place. That's my 2cp. Laterz all.

I have no issues doing this! HELL I only STARTED it then I asked for some help for adding the info you thought we need! =P So email me with them and Ill get it up =)

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 15 2002,09:38

I agree 110% with curtis. We need a major overhaul for the newbies section. Take what we have from the newbie 101 section and the Misc. section plus add whatever ppl want to contribute (like Curtis's suggested Q's) all into the Newbie 101 place. That's my 2cp. Laterz all.

They wern't my suggestions, they were MTXBlaus.

Back