Full Spectrum Warrior

I just recently purchased Full Spectrum Warrior for the PC. I got it at Target at the bargin bin price of 13 bucks (????!!!). I also picked up X2 as well, but that's a different story. Anyway, I really like this game. For someone who has tried, and often failed, to enjoy strategy/tactical games, this game really hits my pleasure. This is probably because there is a certain immediacy to your actions in a game, making it akin to an action game, but it's all good in my book. The tactics involved are simple but have a real-world connotation, since the game is a commercial offshoot of a military training tool. I mean, you really feel like you're in a dangerous situation, yet at the same time have the necessary tools to overcome a threat, but you need to use your head. It's very satisfying to lay down suppressing fire on an enemy while you order your other squad to flank. I would highly recommend downloading the demo for the PC, which gives you the full tutorial and one mission. Also, the game has been available for the Xbox for quite some time and it has recently released on the PS2. I wouldn't recommend the PS2 version since it's infrerior from a technical standpoint and since it was just recently released probably the most expensive of the bunch. Try it out!

BTW... for those who do own the game on the PC - does the PC version also include the secret army missions that the Xbox version has? Thanks!

Oh, just a bit of interesting non sequitur trivia: Pandemic Studios, the creators of FSW, also made Battlezone II, which is a sequel to the Remake of the old 80's game Battlezone. The US Army in the eighties asked the creators of the real Battlezone to create a tank simulator based off their work with Battlezone. And now, Pandemic has done the reverse: they have created a training tool for the Army and then released a commercial version of it.

this is a great game, I enjoyed it heavily on the XBOX and its beautiful, a great military action sim..

Back