Funky PC issues

schi0249

Mid Boss
My PC started acting real wierd a few days ago.

1. When I powered up my PC one day, it would get as far the the no loading XP screen and then reboot.
  2. When I booted into safe mode to receive the old sasser message about NT/something was forcing your PC to restart.
  3. I decided to do a clean install. Maybe I picked up some virus. When booting my XP Pro disk I only got as far as the formating screen. I received an error that my drive could not be formated. To check cables. I checked the cables and I even tried installing to a different hdd.
  4. Today I tried a minimal boot. At first it would not power up at all. After removing everything but the CPU it will power up.
Do you think this is a power supply problem? My previous system board crapped out and I replaced it but continued using the same power supply. I'm strapped for cash & don't wanna run out and get one if its not likely to gix the problem.

Turned out to be a bad stick of memory. As soon as I plugged it in, the PC wouldn't boot. Kind of sucks as I'm running with only 512 for now.

Back