Funky PC issues

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

schi0249

Mid Boss
My PC started acting real wierd a few days ago.

1. When I powered up my PC one day, it would get as far the the no loading XP screen and then reboot.
  2. When I booted into safe mode to receive the old sasser message about NT/something was forcing your PC to restart.
  3. I decided to do a clean install. Maybe I picked up some virus. When booting my XP Pro disk I only got as far as the formating screen. I received an error that my drive could not be formated. To check cables. I checked the cables and I even tried installing to a different hdd.
  4. Today I tried a minimal boot. At first it would not power up at all. After removing everything but the CPU it will power up.
Do you think this is a power supply problem? My previous system board crapped out and I replaced it but continued using the same power supply. I'm strapped for cash & don't wanna run out and get one if its not likely to gix the problem.

Kuta

Staff member
What was the last thing you removed before it powered up?

schi0249

Mid Boss
Turned out to be a bad stick of memory. As soon as I plugged it in, the PC wouldn't boot. Kind of sucks as I'm running with only 512 for now.