Game Gear TV Output

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

JDAdams

Website
users.ox.ac.uk
Hi,

Anybody know whether it's possible to modify a Game Gear to output a video signal so it can be played on a TV?

Thanks

James

Ratamahatta

Sega had a prototype of something like that a few years back, it attached to the battery compartment and it displayed the image on tv like a super gameboy would, it was quite neat, too bad they didnt mass market and produce the thing.

Supergrom

Website
Visit site
i think your best bet would be an emulator on dreamcast or the new ps2 one if it supports GG.

JDAdams

Website
users.ox.ac.uk
I 'm not that bothered about actually playing the games on my TV, I'd just like to know if it's possible out of curiosity:)

Xavier

Mid Boss
Website
oldschool-games.com
When the game gear first came out i remember seeing in a magazine that sega or sombody had modified a game gear to play on a tv , i rmeember seeing an empty slot on the game gear board for the model that I had for somthing like this .

The only bad part about this is that it only takes up half the tv screen in the middle .

Ratamahatta

Yeah, that was the exact thing I mentioned above. Never actually seen the plans for it anywhere though.

GatoSamurai

Link is broken, anybody has another one ?? im very interested in doing this mod plz