• Rise from your gwave!

Game Gear TV Output

Discussion in 'Sega Master System and Game Gear' started by JDAdams, Apr 5, 2002.

1. JDAdams

JDAdams New Member

Hi,

Anybody know whether it's possible to modify a Game Gear to output a video signal so it can be played on a TV?

Thanks

James

2. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Sega had a prototype of something like that a few years back, it attached to the battery compartment and it displayed the image on tv like a super gameboy would, it was quite neat, too bad they didnt mass market and produce the thing.

3. Supergrom

Supergrom Member

i think your best bet would be an emulator on dreamcast or the new ps2 one if it supports GG.

4. JDAdams

JDAdams New Member

I 'm not that bothered about actually playing the games on my TV, I'd just like to know if it's possible out of curiosity:)

5. Xavier

Xavier Mid Boss

When the game gear first came out i remember seeing in a magazine that sega or sombody had modified a game gear to play on a tv , i rmeember seeing an empty slot on the game gear board for the model that I had for somthing like this .

The only bad part about this is that it only takes up half the tv screen in the middle .

6. JDAdams

JDAdams New Member

No worse than the SGB then - anybody know where I can find a schematic?

7. JDAdams

JDAdams New Member

8. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Yeah, that was the exact thing I mentioned above. Never actually seen the plans for it anywhere though.

9. GatoSamurai

GatoSamurai New Member

Link is broken, anybody has another one ?? im very interested in doing this mod plz