game genie

I'm dissapointed that i can't find game genie codes for every genesis game made. you'd think there'd be codes for every game but there isn't.(some games i can't find codes for are shadow run(true i beat the game but still i want some codes for it) theme park(there has to be codes to make the workers work for free and the people always happy) and there's more.

That's why I want Stef to make a Hex editor tool thing for Gens so I can search for codes like how Gameshark does. ZSNES has one of these things in it. Once I get them in hex form I can convert them into GG format.

the playstations gameshark was all in hex right? i remember if i had one valid code for a game i could just figure out all the other codes for it.

Check out The Genesis Project. It is a program you can download. It contains a ton of game genie codes. It is even set up where you can export the codes for gens.

That's why I want Stef to make a Hex editor tool thing for Gens so I can search for codes like how Gameshark does. ZSNES has one of these things in it. Once I get them in hex form I can convert them into GG format.

No you can't. That type of cheat search will give you RAM addresses to patch, and Game Genie is only capable of patching ROM. You could, knowing the relevant RAM address, try to find the routine that modifies it and patch it do to something else, but you won't be able to just patch the RAM location the way you can with an Action Replay.

Back