Gamecubes arne't meant to be abused

Originally posted by Nadius@Jul 2, 2003 @ 08:04 AM

stick it in and pull it out, stick it in and pull it out. Then stick it back in again. Repeat if necessary.

You forgot 'push it in REALLY hard'. Works for my Shinobi III cart every time
smile.gif

Originally posted by BJammzz+Jun 30, 2003 @ 04:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BJammzz @ Jun 30, 2003 @ 04:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>One thing you can't argue is Nintendo makes the most durable consoles/accessories. I have heard stories about Nintendo's reliabilty testing or whatever they call it. I guess they would go to the top of tall building and throw the gameboys and shit down to the bottom and stuff like that....pretty crazy aye?[/b]

My friend has had his original GameBoy for more than 10 years now and it still works like new.

He's taken really great care of it, not counting all of the bad things that have happened to it.

It's fallen down flights of stairs, went through the washing machine, left out in the rain, snow, heat, and various seasons, been covered in dirt, and many other things.

I'm amazed how well it works and looks for being as worn and torn as it is.

<!--QuoteBegin-jeff-20
@Jun 30, 2003 @ 10:55 PM

I cried after seeing this video and immediately founded P.E.T.V. (People for the Ethical Treatment of Videogames).

If you know of anyone intentionally scratching a game disc, blowing on a cart rather than properly cleaning it, or otherwise abusing defenseless games, please contact me.

Join P.E.T.V. now.
[/quote]

Sign me up.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Myname@Jul 1, 2003 @ 10:00 PM

I blow in my carts too.. Maybe me and Gallstaff will make our OWN group called WBAWPOI (We Blow and We're Proud of It).

Actually, that doesn't sound like the best idea..
blink.gif

ok. On a completely UNrelated story...

I found an original Model T Ford in perfect condition. But it looked a little dusty, so I took it down to my local car wash. Sure the brushes and hot wax weren't good for it, but what could I do? I wasn't going to drive around in a dirty car.

smokin.gif

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jul 2, 2003 @ 05:36 AM

How is blowing in a cart bad for it

Can anyone who used to work at FUNCOLAND and sell those cleaners answer this?

I believe the spittle moisture in your breath actually corrodes the contacts by leaving moisture on them as the cart is powered up.

I dunno, the fact that the first attempt at destroying it and the GameCube still working made mildly amused, although it made them look pretty stupid. Anyways, destroying a GameCube is just plain wrong, of all the companies, Nintendo makes some of the highest quality games and has a knack for innovation, yet people still piss on them. How about you play hide and go fuck yourself and I'll enjoy my games.

Just more idiots trying to make a name for themselves, and doing a bad job.

Very stupid, i'm buying a Gamecube today, and seeing these idiots makes me sick...

They should have just sold it, next they plan on destroying a GB player, I hope they end up being strapped for cash soon and look back on this and wish they hadn't done anything. <_<

Keep in mind, I AM considering doing that... I just need to get a third PoS2 (Got one at my dad's, and one at my mom's). Now... if I saw someone do that to a DC or worse yet.. a SATURN, I would hunt that bitch down, give him the ass kicking of his life. NO ONE treats a Saturn poorly. Saturn Rules, and is the greatest ever!

Back