Gameplay Problems after modchip install

well after i installed my modchip i got from jandaman, (i did everything connect the red wire to the 5 volts, linking a-b together (not soldered, just taped a wire to connect to b dot) it could run everything i throw at it with no problems.. but when i played radiant silver gun, theres a problem with the sound.. i could hear the sound effects and music playing but there are no voice =/ now when i didnt have modchip, i could hear all three =/ now i couldnt .. whats the problem? should i solder a-b together instead of being held by just a piece of electrical tape?

Voices in RS are recorded as CD-Audio, but I have no idea why your Saturn doesn't play them. Try another game with CD-audio BGM and see if it's your saturn/modchip or RS disk....

uh... i recall an old thread about this, someone was having the exact same problem, no cdda tracks were played.

I don't remember exactly how they solved it, but I think it was some short between those pins on the side of the modboard, check if none of them are touching each other and not touching saturn's metal 'cover'.

Originally posted by KuKzz@Feb 6, 2004 @ 08:31 AM

Voices in RS are recorded as CD-Audio, but I have no idea why your Saturn doesn't play them. Try another game with CD-audio BGM and see if it's your saturn/modchip or RS disk....

i got two copies of the game, one is japanese original and the other is soft region modded.

baracudda: id like to see this thread, is it still alive? , the modboard is so wide its touching the metal covers of saturn, so i insulated the sides of it now, so it wouldnt touch the metal side.. none of the pins is touching each other either so im gonna try it now... will edit this post if its succesful..

turns out there was one speck of lead in between the pins....... i scratched it out.. now it works! thanks for the heads-up on pins check barracuda

Back