Games that use the 3D controller

Apart from NiGHTS what other games use this pad? Is there a list somewhere?

To be honest I didn't like NiGHTS that much it's very unresponsive and a bit slow, at least the version I have which is just an early jp demo (HK silver).

A couple I know of are Powerslave and Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition.

I think the US release of Nights has good control.

Edit: I think I meant Daytona USA instead of Sega Rally

More games than just a couple.

Try to connect it in analog mode and test your games.

I can remember at least:

Manx TT Superbikes

Sega Touring Car Championship

Daytona USA CCE

Gale racer (yes it works !)

The following US region games have the "3D Control Pad" icon on the back of the game box, although other games probably work with the 3d controller and just don't have it listed.

Burning Rangers

Dark Savior

Darklight Conflict

Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition

Daytona USA Championship Circuit Netlink Edition

Duke Nukem 3D

Enemy Zero

Manx TT Superbike

Nights into Dreams

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Sega Ages

Sega Touring Car Championship

Sky Target

Sonic R

Soviet Strike

http://emulation64.com/httpdocs/saturn_game_info_simple_view.htm

Cool there's a few games that sparked my interest, Soviet Strike, Sega Rally, Manx TT and the full NiGHTS game, now to hunt them down! Thanks ;D

A shame that Sega didn't make this pad compatible with the DC or at least continued the same design, they totally went backwards with the DC pad design imo, too bad the adapters don't work with the NiGHTS pad :/

There are people that feel that the NiGHTS pad was like a prototype for the dreamcast pad.

Tried Sonic Jam and it also works with the pad, you don't even need to switch between digital and analog.

Yeah even the DC console looks like the NiGHTS pad with the circular base on the controller.

Yes, but some games like SFA2 you have to switch the pad to digital mode, another thing I noticed was how the 3D pad had the most awesome d-pad ever, it tops the Genesis pad and Saturn (JP). Makes you wonder how they went from the very best to very worse with the d-pad on the DC controller. The buttons on the 3D controller are also better than the digital Saturn pad because they are all of the same size.

Tried Soviet Strike, although the game has very impressive FMV the game itself is a load of crap, it runs at like 16FPS and it still has major slowdowns, the controls are ok but the frame rate ruins everything.

So far only NiGHTS seems worth of getting a 3D pad, once you memorize the stages you can do a lot with NiGTHS, quite the acrobat :)

Back