Gameshark for Dreamcast

mtxblau

Mid Boss
I have a couple questions about the 'Gameshark'.

1) I see there is a CD version, and a VMU version. Do they work in conjunction, or separately? Can one purchase the CD version and not the VMU, etc?

2) Which of these boots imports?

3) Is there a reason to prefer one over the other?

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Dec. 08 2002, 12:08 am

I have a couple questions about the 'Gameshark'.

1) I see there is a CD version, and a VMU version. Do they work in conjunction, or separately? Can one purchase the CD version and not the VMU, etc?

2) Which of these boots imports?

3) Is there a reason to prefer one over the other?

Thanks in advance...

Ok quick answers.

1. They both come together. You can't get either one seperately. The disc will not run without the custom vmu thingy and the thingy itself does nothing. You CAN use it to store saves but this is highly discouraged as it tends to fuck them up.

2. It boots imports just fine.

3. Umm...both.

I've got it and it just needs a memory card, I think it comes with a special one but it can use just a standard.

While you can use a regular memory card with it you will most likely loose or corrupt whatever saves you have on the vmu. In addition you need to have the custom vmu thing inserted into a slot on some controller unless you happen to have the rip of the gameshark that's been hacked to allow the use of any vmu, but it still needs a vmu. Use a blank one in that case or you risk loosing the saves on it (like I did).

hehe, I was in your shoes this last summer. Here is a word of advise for you....DON'T BUY A GAMESHARK!!!!! Get a Codebreaker......here is why:

1. It's cheap, 10 dollars even.

2. No NEED for a mem card, but if u want more codes then u can use a regular mem card just fine.

3. Better cheat devise hands down, more powerful, reliable, etc.

4. Boots EVERY import I have ever played, always on first try, never not worked.

5. Once again, the best 10 dollars you will ever spend.

P.S. If u want an easy way to boot games (backups and imports) on a PSX/PS1 w/o a mod chip and wanna have Gameshark-like functions. Buy a Codebreaker...It boots them and all it is, is a CD. No need for those expensive boot discs or anything. Of course a modchip is better cuz it will boot some of the harder to boot games, like the ones w/ protection. The Codebreaker will boot every game that every boot disc does. NOTE: this is not an advertised feature, it's in there but it's not. it's not rlly an option, u just have to do stuff a certain way. If u want, PM me and I can give u instructions on how to do it.

Hope this helps, peace.

Back