gamestop labor day

did ne1 take advantage of the gamestop labor day sale

50% off on accesories -- man i picked up alot of shit for real cheap

including a practicaly new xbox driving wheel for 10$

i got a genesis mouse -- question to everyone - what the frell can i do with it (beside stick it up my ass -- before someone responds like that ) - are there any games i can use with it

my home comcast is down -- im at work today so i posted it

i would have expected many people frequent games stops constanly looking for more sega stuff - like i do - thats how i find out about these specials

i whent there becasue of the dreamcast games special and saw the signs for the other stuff

thanks for the list quadriflax

I went, super sweeet deal.. got a bunch of genny and nes controllers cheap, as well as some dreamcast joysticks, and vmu's... sweet. sorry you guys missed out. I am sure they will be doing it again... (hopefully) soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naw, gamestop has 2 things in the sega department around here: Jack and Shit. I would have bought xbox accessories or something. When I want sega stuff I goto a store that's going to have more than 5 genesis carts.

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Sep 3, 2003 @ 08:21 PM

Naw, gamestop has 2 things in the sega department around here: Jack and Shit. I would have bought xbox accessories or something. When I want sega stuff I goto a store that's going to have more than 5 genesis carts.

Sounds familiar, but I would have picked up a DC Controller and could have gotten some VMUs dirt cheap

racket you can still get used ones, with the discount card, 10 percent off....they are 4.99... not too shabby... just a thought.

My friends and I are all a big bunch of assholes. What better game to play? The whole game is about screwing everyone else over lol! We usually only play that about twice a year.

I got a few GameStops around here. One in West Des Moines (About 10 miles from my house, Funcoland (about 20 - 30 minutes from my house) and another GameStop less than a mile from my house. I went in there (the one less than a mile) a few weeks ago to buy yet ANOTHER PoS2 game (I've been buying one game a week lately), and I asked Chris (the manager, he's cool).

"Where are all your Dreamcast games?"

"We shipped them all out,"

"You don't support DC anymore?"

"Well, our company still does, just that this location doesn't anymore. You need to go to Funco to get 'em,"

Needless to say I was pissed. Why? I HAD HELD OFF BUYING GRANDIA II FOR CLOSE TO TWO YEARS! AND NOW I GOTTA GET IT ONLINE NOW!!! ARGHHH!!!

I'm just glad I went on that spree back in June, and bought about ten games from them.

After he said that I said:

"I was gonna say, did I buy out your whole stock or something?"

"Well did buy a good chunk of our inventory,"

I grin whenever I think about that. Why? I'm probably the only person in Urbandale (suburb of Des Moines) who still actively supports the DC (and Saturn :bow ), and I greatly increased my DC collection (up to about... 15 originals, and perhaps.... 20 CD-Rs (sad I know :( ). Once I'm all said and done with DC, I'll have about 55 GDs. Yes, I plan on buying originals of ALL CDR's I "own" (DC, Sat, Mega CD, not PSX or PoS2, because $ony can kiss my ass, and kiss the ground Sega walks on).

Sega

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

I don't understand why gamestop, well then funcoland... abandoned saturn??? I will never understand that, if it was because of lack of space, or they felt it "less popular" I dunno, either way it sucks....saturn rules... although cloud, I applaud your efforts, I am currently pursuing, any and every sega "original " product I don't own, or don't have an original of, and I have bled, several gamestops and funco's of their stock...lol... sega rules. :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

:agree

Originally posted by stack99@Sep 3, 2003 @ 03:29 AM

if it was because of lack of space, or they felt it "less popular" I dunno, either way it sucks....

It's really hard to liquidate 200 copies of Virtua Cop, Daytona and Virtua Fighter, and quite literally nothing else.

Originally posted by MTXBlau+Sep 4, 2003 @ 12:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MTXBlau @ Sep 4, 2003 @ 12:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-stack99@Sep 3, 2003 @ 03:29 AM

if it was because of lack of space, or they felt it "less popular" I dunno, either way it sucks....

It's really hard to liquidate 200 copies of Virtua Cop, Daytona and Virtua Fighter, and quite literally nothing else. [/b][/quote]

haha yeah

and who can forget Sewer Shark for $.15 back in the day :D

You are lucky! The major game stores in UK suck!

GAME Warrington (my town) don't stock anything that's outta production.

Only half decent GAME is 30miles away in Manchester... But all tehy have is Saturn games like SEGA Worldwide soccer etc... Just loads of a few games... and the Mega Drive games are all tatty :(

Although GameStation Warrington is coool... But can be overpriced/have bad condition things or NON BOXED stuff! :(

Back