Gauntlet Legends Arcade Cabinet Question

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
How much is this arcade cabinet worth in perfect shape?

How hard would it be to convert it into a mame cabinet without gutting it?

Has the game and everything in it.

My friend who is a manager at an arcade in Franklin Mills mall is selling it to me. He replaced the monitor and joysticks/buttons the other month and put one of those new lexan type protectors over the monitor area.

I'd buy it if I had the cash. Gauntlet Legends is a great game, and it's truly meant to be an arcade game. If you're just looking at it for conversion purposes, though... well, it's still a good deal. However, the civilized thing to do is to keep it running Gauntlet Legends. 😉 I know you said you want to convert it without gutting it, but I assume you're still going to take the board out.

edit - oh yeah, doesn't the game use analog sticks or 48-ways or something? You'd probably want to replace those if you were going to use it for MAME.

Info - I am getting the top machine.

What are some good sites to check out for arcade stuffs?

I'll probably run a couple wires from inside the cabinet to a computer ill put behind it if the computer doesnt fit.

This is my first journey into the arcade world other then just playing them 😀

Perhaps the control panel could be removed as a single unit (for preservation) and replaced by whatever custom setup Ice wants, plus a J-Pac. That is assuming it's wired for JAMMA...

The monitor is something else that will need to be checked. Gauntlet Legends uses 3DFX video hardware, so I would have thought it would use a hi res 31kHz monitor, but KLOV states that it uses a medium res 24kHz monitor which wouldn't be that great for a MAME cab. Unless of course it's a dual res 15/24kHz monitor...

So many questions. :/

It's in! Works beautifully!

Attachments

• DCP_1912.JPG
    DCP_1912.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DCP_1912.JPG
    DCP_1912.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DCP_1913.JPG
    DCP_1913.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 109