• Rise from your gwave!

Genesis 3 50/60Hz Switch

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by molive, Jun 11, 2001.

1. molive

molive New Member

Hi,

I'm a newbie here, but I've looked all over the web to find this and have so far found nothing - does anyone have instructions about how to add a 50/60Hz switch (& a language switch too while you're at it...) to a Sega Genesis 3? Is it even possible? I assume it's just a case of the usual JP3 & 4 switch, but according to this site the Genesis 2 needed another trace cut for whatever reason. Please help!!!

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

the mod is possible since I've seen one sold on ebay once, but that was the first and only time I ever heard or saw anything at all about the genesis 3 modding.

3. Mike G

Mike G New Member

4. molive

molive New Member

Thanks for the reply, however late :)

But is it really safe to permenantly remove the resistors you mention when making the switches?

5. Eleven of 9

Eleven of 9 New Member

I've just done this mod to my Megadrive 2 v4 (Thanks again Mike G), and I can assure you that removing the resisors is safe. They are 0 ohm resistors so are the same as a wire link and affectivly act as a permanent switch anyway.

By switching the switch (there must be a better way of saying that ;)) you are doing the same as moving the 0 ohm link from one position to the other.

I hope this helps :)