Getting component video on the DC...

I was thinking about getting one of THESE and connecting it to a VGA box for conversion. I'm wondering if the fact that there are two conversions happening will cause signal degradation or loss. Kinda on the fence about it (even though I could still use the converter w/ my PC if my exeriment fails ;) ) Anybody got any insight?

Well, the DC actually outputs a VGA signal, so there is really only one conversion going on. You should get a pretty good quality signal this way, but you should be aware that several games don't support it.

I don't know how much quality you'll gain over S-video on a standard TV. If you had a TV that supported VGA/DVI directly, that would obviously be much preferred. As it stands I just don't know that I'd be able to justify $80 if you don't really need it.

get VGA box and VGA->YUV transcoder. It basically transcode RGB signal compatible with the component input so the PQ should be equal to the VGA output. Saying that, this method won't work with non-VGA compatible games...

cheers

Back