Getting inside unreleased game.

I've come across some unreleased games from ACCLAIM. I have the discs, want to see about decompiling the files to pull out sprites, etc.

These are very basic proof of concept discs.

I've never worked with saturn before, so if you can give me an idea on how to get inside the files I have, I would be appreciative.

-ASSEMbler

I haven't had much experience with all portions of the Saturn yet, but what I have played with so far is pretty much stored in a raw format plus alot of companies like to use their own methods for storing objects like graphics, sound, etc... I would start by looking through the Saturn Dev section for any tools and documentation.

Originally posted by ASSEMbler@Wed, 2005-09-28 @ 05:54 PM

I've come across some unreleased games from ACCLAIM. I have the discs, want to see about decompiling the files to pull out sprites, etc.

These are very basic proof of concept discs.

I've never worked with saturn before, so if you can give me an idea on how to get inside the files I have, I would be appreciative.

-ASSEMbler

[post=140026]Quoted post[/post]​

Great to see you have some unreleased games, did you try to run them on a saturn or an emu ? I'm sure people here will appreciate to help you :)

Yes, on Saturn a lot (but not always) of GFX and SFX data is in binary format.

You can grab GFX data using an emulator with memory viewer. So you could view and dump VDP1/VDP2 RAM. But this would require some Saturn knowledge.

Alternatively, screenshots from Saturn emu can be used for dumping, too.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Thu, 2005-09-29 @ 01:48 PM

Yes, on Saturn a lot (but not always) of GFX and SFX data is in binary format.

You can grab GFX data using an emulator with memory viewer. So you could view and dump VDP1/VDP2 RAM. But this would require some Saturn knowledge.

Alternatively, screenshots from Saturn emu can be used for dumping, too.

[post=140055]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm. Well the problem is the game was made as a proof of concept, and I don't know how to trigger the other levels.

The data is there, tried every button on load you could think of.

I'll download the tools and see what I can find.

Back