Getting the Netlink to work without Dail-Up.

I know there was some talk about this a while ago, but haven't kept up with Saturn stuff in the last 2 years. I was curious is someone found a way to get the Netlink to connect to the PC and share it's internet connection. I mostly want to e-mail some game saves to my PC for backup. I know you can connect the saturn to the phone line and dail out, and when it starts to ring quickly connect the saturn to your modem then type ATA on any old Modem software on the PC, I use to do this with two computer in my house, before the internet was around, was easier to transfer files. The only problem is the Saturn won't authenticate or anything and route out to the Net. Surely if we can tunnel XBOX System Link Games over the net, we should be able to do this, would love to play Daytona with a friend.... or even Saturn Bomberman.

believe you need the modem that can discard the ring tone to initiate the connection - not sure whether PCI card modems do this... many of old stand alone units feature this as standard back in old days...

Back