Good place to find a saturn?

I am looking to find a Saturn, and was wondering if theres anywhere other than ebay to order one. Thanks for any comments.

I'm not sure if this should go here or the BST forum, if its in the wrong place please move it.

I've found 4 out of 5 of my saturns at goodwill/value village for ~$20 each.

I'd say garage sales and 2nd hand stores are your best bet other than eBay.

Bumping this as I don't want to make another topic about the same thing. I have failed in finding a saturn of any kind around here. I've checked goodwill and all the flea markets, and I keep getting out bid every single time on eGay. Basically if you've got an old saturn lying around or know some place selling them online LET ME KNOW!

Is there a way you could place some "wanted" ads in your community?

I wonder if that would work...

I've thought about doing it, but thought maybe it would be a pain dealing with some of the people that would respond

Yeah I could put a want ad, but theres no real section for electronics/video games in the local papers. Good idea though

well hope someone around here can help you mate...

i sold my crappy US saturn for next to nothing last year - still fair bit of shipping given its bulk...

What price range are you looking???

I live in south florida and go out to the pawn shops flea markets regularly and come across model 2's a lot.

I am also making trips to Boston and New York in the next 2 weeks, I can keep an eye out for you. I'm keeping an eye out for myself too.

[EDIT]I also have mod chips and could toss one in the machine for you before shipping if I find you one. I feel I do good mod jobs, heres one I did everything too, including a rechargeable battery... It's already sold though.

DSC00965.jpg

Thats some nice looking mod work on that Saturn there!

Anyhow, yes what price range / model are you looking for? I know of a place right now I could get some model 1s for like 10-20 bucks.

Damn how much is generally standard for one with all the hookups and a controller? I would prefer a model 2 but it doesn't matter too much. Thanks alot for helping me out dudes.

When I see them out and about at flea markets, the seller usually doesn't know much so the model doesn't change the price.

I usually see them for like 15 - 30 dollars depending. Sometimes with hook ups and sometimes without. Then I spend sometime haggling them down if its lacking anything of use.

Seriously, lordofduct, you need to be a dealer or something.

I constantly have people asking me for Saturns looking for an alternative to eBay.

If you wanted to pick up as many as you could, I could probaby send you a steady stream of people interested in them.

Yes usually at flea markets and such as Lordofduct said they seller knows little about Saturns or consoles in general so the price tends to be some arbitrary value they think is reasonable.

On wednessday next week ill take a ride down to that place and check out whats there. Last time I was there they had some model 1s, for $20, official Controls for $10 and hookups for $5. Ill see if I can negociate something for like $30 or less for console and all accessories and Ill let you know, that is if you dont find what you need else where first.

I agree with racket about that, it would save some searching and get more people into the saturn. ROTT if you could check into that id be grateful. I doubt I'll be able to find one before then.

Well no luck in Boston nor Hartford...

I'm heading to New York soon though and I have some time off this week to do some local hunting.

My local Splitstone store has one for like $45, complete. I don't remember which model. They sell complete Dreamcasts for $20, so I was annoyed with the Saturn pricing, appropriate though it may be.

I got my current Saturn for $15 complete, two controllers, composite AV cable. Got a new battery for it for a dollar.

i have a model 2 32 pin saturn that i'd be willing to part with. I also have a 64 pin. I would be willing to sell either or, whichever you'd be more interested in. if you need credentials, i'm also rommaster on ebay.

I'm a tad confused,could someone please explain what the pins(20 21 32 64) are and what difference it makes? I think it may have to do with whether or not it can be modded but I'm not sure. Also RM how much are you looking for on one of the saturns?

20 pin saturn is a Model 1 Sega Saturn... the cable that goes from the mainboard to the Cd board has only 20 pins on it. Not chipable.

21 pin saturn is a Model 2 Sega Saturn... that cable has 21 pins on it. Chipable depending certain scenarios.

32 pin is a Model 2 Saturn were the CD board has a 32 pin chip on it that you solder a wire too for the chip, these work 99.9% of the time with chips.

64 pin is a Model 2 Saturn where the chip on the CD board has 64 pins on it. This doesn't always work with the chips commonly found on the market. There is a chip that is supposed to work more often with these, there is debate on its reliability as it is rare and not many people have been able to test it.

Well I checked that place out, not much of a good deal however. A model 1 system with all accessories would be like 45-50 bucks. I think you will be able to find something cheaper than that.

Heck for 15 more dollars id sell you one that has a modchip installed and ready to go playing backups.

But anyways id just keep checking here, Im sure you will eventually get a good deal on something.

Back