Got my Xbox...

DC had some bomb-ass FPS games - Unreal, Q3, and the "homebrewed" Q1 [esp SimpsonsQuake]. It failed for other reasons.

A little side note... is the Xbox sold out where you guys live? Every place that carries it in my neck o' the woods is totally sold out [at least @ the stores I've been to]. the only things they have are a very titles [lotsa copies of Halo though] and accs. DOA3 is sold out too, btw.

Doomed, in my mind, basically would mean it'd be doomed to die before it has been out for a good amount of time, which is generally around 5 years (well, and of course it can't already be dead, because then it'd be past doomed). And Dreamcast is doomed in that sense. Because every system is doomed to die. And note that I consider a system dead when I can't buy anything for it without ordering it online or going to a pawn shop. A system dieing does not mean no one plays it, as that will never happen.

Oh...and lastly...Halo IS the best game on any system right now. Just ask EGM....they gave it a perfect score.

Please tell me you've actually played Halo. I hate it when people praise games as the best game on any system, just because someone else likes it a lot. Note that I have not played Halo, but would still not put it up for being the best game on any system, as I'm not a fan of console first person shooters. I used to, but then I started playing PC ones, and I can't stand not using a keyboard and mouse for them anymore. And I don't even play PC ones anymore because I upgraded my video driver and it messed up my comp so things won't be full screen unless the resolution is at 1024x768, and my comp isn't good enough to run a good FPS at full speed at that resolution. Even reinstalling the old driver didn't fix the problem. :(

A little side note... is the Xbox sold out where you guys live?

Not at all. The Circuit City in my town still has a lot of them.

(Edited by Shentar at 7:22 pm on Nov. 22, 2001)

I dont think its sold out where I live, though I saw tons of ppl preordering a box over a cube...... and people hate microsoft, sucks where I live, well tommrow Ill go out and see how the box and cube are doing in my area.

Xbox's appear to be sold out around here as well. There are plenty of Gamecubes up for grabs though. Oh, as for games, Halo is sold out everywhere I go. I only saw one copy of it at one store.

Shentar,

Yes I own Halo....Uh...I mean Halo owns me. :)

FPS are indeed best with keyboard and mouse but Bungie did a great job of configuring the controller. After about an hour, you really forget about it and just enjoy the game. As for the game iteslf I would recommend it HIGHLY. Rent it if you don't plan on buying it...It really is awesome!

Okay. I'm fine with you saying that if you're judging it off of playing the game. I just don't like it when people say it's the best game just because it got good reviews. That's like conveying someone else's opinion as your own. I probably will at least rent it when I get an Xbox, but that won't be for a while.

Back