Got my Xbox...

Why are people complainging about the price but are willing to buy a PS2 and its games at the same price???

BTW, Silent Hill2 and MGSX are also Xbox bound...Please post your impressions of RL2 when you get it, ok?

I dunno folks, I kinda think the whole "next generation platform" thing is always an obscene venture in excessive consumerism... I remember when the original PSX, and Saturn, and 3DO and N64 came out. It was stupid!

I prefer to stay out of date... Look at it this way, it's 2001 and I'm NOW completing my PSone and Sega CD/Genesis collection.

I'm a university student, not a sucker, I don't HAVE $300 to $500 US to pay for video games... I have learned the way, man... I guarantee you, what once was $75 will become $10 in 3-4 years... Bein' outta style is WAY better. You get to pick and choose the proven titles and pay dirt for em.

But, for those with the toys, I hope you enjoy your purchases. I have to admit, back in the day, I was the first kid in my neighborhood to own a Genesis. Back then, Big People with Lots of Cash bought the video games for me. :cool:

... Wow... this was the absolute worst thread for me to read at this point in my life. The last thing I need is an excellent system to wipe my time away, and cause me to drop out of school!! LOL

:) I am convinced that the Xbox is a good system to get, even if it is coming from Billy "Don't f*** with a billionaire" Gates! (like me call-name for him?)

Don't hold out on telling us how RPG's are on the Xbox... they're my fav's!

I traded a Dreamcast with a game and pad (not my gaming system.. my second one that I had for backup purposes) and a neogeo MVS 1-slot with a basic supergun and some games for the jap cube with the 3 launch games, 2 pads, and a memcard.

Quote: from CommanderBubba on 4:58 pm on Nov. 17, 2001

But, for those with the toys, I hope you enjoy your purchases. I have to admit, back in the day, I was the first kid in my neighborhood to own a Genesis. Back then, Big People with Lots of Cash bought the video games for me. :cool:

I waited about a year to get my Genesis too. By the time I got it it was about $100 w/ controller and Sonic. But yes, my parents did buy it for me. But I've spent about as much on my whole Sega collection so far as an XBox with a few games would cost. I'm thinking about getting a used PS, but I dunno. Games I'd want are still $40-$50 used (ie: Lunar). We'll see. I still need to pick up a 32x. I need to talk with my brother friend about that...

I'm definately agreeing with all the people who wait for systems to go out of date. People often ask me how the #### I have so many #### games. Well, I tell them that I've never had lots of money growing up in my middle class life. I've just been able to collect things in increments. But going back to the thread, I think CommanderBubba hit the mark with his comment on staying out of date. Look how much money you would have if you'd wait :)

Only thing that matters now is Metal Gear Solid 2...

Everything else can wait =P

(Will buy them later anyway, every console has good games)

And in reality, how much better are games really going to look? So good that they will bring horrible images of fmv games of the past?

Arakon, what happened to your boycotting of the Xbox? Ok, so you got a good deal, but getting new games will still be as expensive, won't it? (if you're not planning on buying 2nd-hand games)

I will never buy a PS2 or an X-box for one reason;

I don't like the fact that there seems to be a new console coming out every year, and everybody seems to be ok with it! That makes me even more angry, since the games made are of much worse quality than let's say 5-10 years ago.

Talk about development....well, I guess it's the greed of us humans that makes this mad circus continue.

Oh and before someone makes a stupid post like;"you're pissed cuz you can't afford an xbox or ps2".

I promise you, I do afford to buy both systems if I wanted to, there's just things worth more than rushed pieces of crap.

uhm.. I am still boycotting the xbox, and I don't have one either.

read again. I got a cube. not a box.

LOL.... someone is finally realizing the that the priorities of the average Japanese/American industry don't lie in long-lasting relationships with the consumers. It seems that all these gaming companies just want your cash for the latest systems, and don't worry about customer loyalty and such any more. But it's all relative to your outlook.

I know this is a Sega web forum, but I just thought I'd jump on the band-wagon for bragging about great deals... hehe... ;) Check this out!

$115 for...

Playstation with all wires

Original controller

Dual Impact (clear blue) controller and wire extender

Two memory cards

12 (count them) games:

Chrono Cross

Final Fantasy VIII

Tekken 2

Cool Boarders 2

Jet Moto 2

Resident Evil 2

Colony Wars

MTV Music Generator

Bio Freaks

Pro BMX

Shadow Man

Digimon (yuck)

Not bad, if I do say so myself... all I wanted originally was the Playstation so I could play Lunar and Lunar 2 (which I previous paid $110 for... almost as much as all this!!). :)

Anyway... sorry if I bore you with my braggety ass. ;)

Bah. After the DC's death, I stopped pledging loyalty to any game system. After all, if you get all 3, you don't have to pledge loyalty. Anyway you look at it, we (the consumer) are in store for some great games!

ummmmmm... someone stated earlier that X-Box has the most SEGA support? Don't think they do and I would love if you proved me wrong. Last I heard SEGA already has 2 games out for GCN (super monkey ball and Crazy Taxi) and the begging of next year they are releasing Sonic 2 (with special GBA features!) and PSOv2. All I know about for X-Box is panzer dragoon. Don't get me wrong that game will be good, but, if you know anything about Nintendo then you know they like to keep things secret. Ever think that just maybe they will make a port to GCN with Panzer Dragoon? I think they will if the other SEGA titles sell well. I know Super Monkey Ball is!!! My advice is wait. Wait a year or so and save up some money then go and make your decision from there. Personally I think that GCN is the way to go for many reasons. Next I would get a PS2 and then last a xbox. xbox s good but not THAT good. And for all you who think the price will go down, it won't. Be realistic here, it has a geforce 3 in it. those things cost 300-350 each alone! in japan and eupope they want 500+ for the system and 80+ for games. Its rediculas, can't we all go back to good ol' fasioned sprites? SCREW POLYGONS!!!! THEY ARE THE DEVIL!!!!!

Quote: from Artemio Urbina on 12:12 pm on Nov. 18, 2001

Only thing that matters now is Metal Gear Solid 2...

Everything else can wait =P

(Will buy them later anyway, every console has good games)

actually, all that matters now is Final Fantasy X :p

BJ - there's a gang of Sega games coming to Xbox. Just look at the Xbox website. The new Jet Set gets me into the X spirit.

To me Xbox seems like Dreamcast 2 - basically, a stripped computer optimized for games, without the hardware issues, and running a simplified WinOS [at times anyway on DC]. I'll bet people start Xbox homebrewing soon.

Back