Graphical Adventure Games

Hello Im newbie here so here it is my first question.

Can anyone tell me names of games of Graphical Adventure games for Saturn like for example: Discworld?

I love that kind of games and I would like to know some.

laugh.gif

But which onde is the best? I have discworld 2 and i loved it! What is the Blazing Dragons about?

Is it cool?

By the way just one more question.. which of the sonics is the best?

smokin.gif

I don't know which is better... I haven't played Discworld 2 yet.

What's Blazing Dragons like? IMO it's in a similar style to Discworld.

As for Sonic games, get your hands on Sonic Jam. That would be a pretty good start.
smile.gif

BTW, could you resize your sig pic down a bit?

If you can read/get around Japanese, there are buttloads of graphical adventure games released only in Japan.

Policenauts, Dark Seed, Dark Seed 2, Virus, Yu-No, Eve: Burst Error, Eve: The Lost One, Evangelion, Evangelion: 2nd Impression, Nadesico, and so on...

Well I am Portuguese so I quite don't understand Japanese...

Don´t you know other games?
tongue.gif

There is any version of Broken Sword for Saturn? Or Full Throtthle?

Hmm that isn't really the kind of genre of a graphical adventure.. Because you can move freely in it..

Graphic Adventures are usually games involving choices through text and pretty graphics, like Typing of the Date for DC *and no not Typing of the Dead, I said Date you heard me correct*
laugh.gif

I'm not too sure if this is the correct genre, so don't bite my head off, but Riven got rave reviews at the time...
Yes, Riven is an adventure game, sequel to Myst - a game which is known across many a console (so assummingly pretty good). Broken Sword is a superb point-and-click adventure - there is also Broken Sword II on PSX aswell (you prolly aready know that).. unfortunately, Revolution only developed the games for PSX so you wont be finding any Broken Sword games on Saturn
sad.gif

Eve: Burst Error, Eve: The Lost One
*cough* Digital Comic *cough*

Hmm that isn't really the kind of genre of a graphical adventure.. Because you can move freely in it..

Graphical Adventure? No such genre. Point-and-click adventure is what silent warrior is looking for. And you can move freely in point and click adventures.

Ooh! hello

Graphical Adventure? No such genre. Point-and-click adventure is what silent warrior is looking for. And you can move freely in point and click adventures.

afraid i'll have to disagree on that one. well not quite but.. GRAPHIC ADVENTURE is quite definatley a genre. i believe that if a creator of such a game e.g sierra, wish to call it a graphic adventure then indeed it is a graphic adventure.

the term point-and-click is used for the modern day graphic adventures as they have evolved to this system from the "3D Animated Adventure Game" days of classics such as Space Quest 1,2 & 3 where the character was controlled with the keyboard and specific commands where typed (PICKUP, OPEN, USE etc.) rather than clicking on an object with the mouse.

have a look HERE its a bit of history on graphic adventures.

Starship Titanic is a fantastic game IMO. It's funny and challenging with Douglas Adams's sense of humor. Really consider it: Starship Titanic.

Originally posted by WiseMan@Jul 12, 2003 @ 07:48 AM

afraid i'll have to disagree on that one. well not quite but.. GRAPHIC ADVENTURE is quite definatley a genre. i believe that if a creator of such a game e.g sierra, wish to call it a graphic adventure then indeed it is a graphic adventure.

the term point-and-click is used for the modern day graphic adventures as they have evolved to this system from the "3D Animated Adventure Game" days of classics such as Space Quest 1,2 & 3 where the character was controlled with the keyboard and specific commands where typed (PICKUP, OPEN, USE etc.) rather than clicking on an object with the mouse.

have a look HERE its a bit of history on graphic adventures.

Just read that page. Alright, Here's a couple of main genres: 'Adventure', 'Strategy'. Now, from these main genres you can have sub-genres: such as point-and-click Adventure, and real or non-real time Strategy. That page talked about graphic adventures as in being the main genre. There are no differences from what they say about Graphical Adventure games between Adventure games: They are calling Graphical Adventure the main genre. Now why would you call a game of such sort a Graphical Adventure instead of plain ol Adventure? After all, all games are graphical. Graphical Adventure = Adventure - this is what I'm trying to say (judging from that page). I've always called games of such sort 'Adventure' games, though it's clear that others have been calling it 'Graphical Adventure'. Hmm, well, whatever you call it, they both are Adventures though plain ol 'Adventure' doesn't confuse anyone.
wink.gif

i think i'd rather called something like Zelda64 an adventure game but once again i can see you'd have to create a sub-genre.

Once upon a time the term 'adventure game' meant text based adventure games. You'd still play the game just like a modern day 'point-&-click' but just with text describing whats going on.

then a few years later these 'text-adventure' games were given new life, given graphics. and thus were born the 'graphic adventures' text was still required, but it didnt tell you what was happening, you saw it on the screen.

the only thing to change since then is the quality of the graphics and the tweaking of the game world interaction (the point-&-click). The adventure still contains graphics, it is still a graphic adventure. its an industry standard genre.

in this case of course, the point-&-click adventure would apply becuase thats what blazing dragons & shit like that is. but what would you say if someone asked you "what kind of game is space quest 1?" you couldnt say point-&-click, you couldn't say adventure, it's a graphic adventure.

kings quest 6 uses a point-&-click interface but hell it says graphic adventure in the introductory by sierra.

17.gif

SPACEQUEST 1, AN ORIGINAL GRAPHIC ADVENTURE

as you can see there is a prompt in the bottom left to type comands but the world is displayed with graphics.

24.gif

ANOTHER EXAMPLE

I used to have a game like that on me ol dos computer (refering to space quest). Why is it called a graphic adventure and can't be called adventure though?

*sighs*

i told you why it is called a graphic adventure

then a few years later these 'text-adventure' games were given new life, given graphics. and thus were born the 'graphic adventures' text was still required, but it didnt tell you what was happening, you saw it on the screen.

Back