Guardian Heroes Advanced

I recently got Guardian Heroes Advanced and played it many hours straight seeing how I was in a hurricane. Has anyone played this new game? I want to get everyone's take on it.

Also would like to talk about the story a bit, because It's been years since I played the 1st Guardian Heroes. I never owned it my friend did. So playing this sequel is a little confusing, but all in all I think I got the gist of it, but it would be nice to get filled in for the full effect cuz this game has A LOT to do with the previous one.

Now as for the actual game I really enjoy it. Especially the engine for a GBA beat em up. Lots of kool features incuded also. Skirmish training, 4 player multipllayer battles/co-op, and a lab feature to unlock a new character. Overall I think they put together a really great game.

All i can say is: WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. Where's the love, Treasure? Where's the FREAKIN LOVE!?

That said, it doesn't have anything on the original. It's not manic. Nor frenetic. And where are the mutliple paths/endings? And these new shitkickers...maybe i came to expect too much from my favourite little developer....NO! I'm a FAN! I DESERVE BRILLIANCE! I stuck by Treasure from the halcyon days of Dynamite Headdy, and by Jebus, my UPPANCE HAS COME! (does that even make sense?) Stop ranting you say? Done and done. :blah

On the other hand you're given 20 something characters to mess around with. Which is nice. But really, when the game's this dire, where's the incentive?

Yes I'm jaded. :banana

Sheesh, it's not as bad as all that. As I said in my review, I was a bit disappointed, but it's still a fun game to play. I'd even go so far as to say the battle mode is better than the original game's.

Originally posted by it290@Oct 6, 2004 @ 07:38 PM

Sheesh, it's not as bad as all that. As I said in my review, I was a bit disappointed, but it's still a fun game to play. I'd even go so far as to say the battle mode is better than the original game's.

[post=120530]Quoted post[/post]​

I hope so, considering the battle mode of the original was just some silliness they threw together that lets you throw pretty much anything in the ring. But yeah, the original was downright action-packed.

It may be silly, but it's still hella fun, especially with 6 players. Although it's not so fun when your buddy's Sword Han continually dominates, heh.

Originally posted by it290@Oct 7, 2004 @ 01:12 AM

It may be silly, but it's still hella fun, especially with 6 players. Although it's not so fun when your buddy's Sword Han continually dominates, heh.

[post=120555]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I'd imagine it's a blast with multiple players. I just don't have anyone to play with and beat it a couple of times. So I sold it. Disapointing after a while. So I started playing the Saturn version. Trying to get a multitap and some more controllers so my buds can play too.

I was talking about the Saturn version's battle mode, although I agree that the original game offers far more replay value due to the branching paths... the number of playable characters in AGH's story mode helps to level that out, though.

Originally posted by it290@Oct 22, 2004 @ 11:07 PM

the number of playable characters in AGH's story mode helps to level that out, though.

[post=121478]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah there are a TON of characters which is good. It's just playing that damn crappy story THAT many times isn't a good thing, and as I said nobody else I knew had the game to play multiplayer.

Back