guest appearances by sega consoles on tv shows

where have YOU seen a sega console appear?

drew carey show - sega saturn

neon genesis - sega saturn

rumble in the bronx - game gear

flight of the navigator - megadrive??? might be master system

Originally posted by WiseMan@Sep. 08 2002, 12:02 am

where have YOU seen a sega console appear?

neon genesis - sega saturn

rumble in the bronx - game gear

flight of the navigator - megadrive??? might be master system

That was a cool film, but I sure don't remember seeing any Sega consoles in it...

Originally posted by WiseMan@Sep. 07 2002, 2:02 pm

I think they swapped it for a Dreamcast at some point. I wonder if the prop people were Sega fans or if it was meant to further point out how much of a loser the characters of the show are.

Originally posted by antime@Sep. 07 2002, 11:13 pm

...or if it was meant to further point out how much of a loser the characters of the show are.

Ouch. That's a bit harsh. ???

i remember laughing in rumble in the bronx when the kid was playing with the game gear --- it had no game in it and there were atari type sound effects

yeah I remember that goog, the kid had this crazy goofy look on his face and the sound effects were horrible, almost as bad as the rap music they dubbed in operation condor ( I think that was the movie ) oh well still hilarious none the less.....lol

There's a scene in the film 'Swingers' where the guys are playing NHL on the Genesis.

Not a sighting, but in Austin Powers Scott asks Dr Evil 'Can I take my Sega?'

alrighty. curtis look on davids bed when dr faraday is showing him his room in the facility.

david:"all this stuff is for me?"

you remember the part? on the bed is a big black cardboard box resembling the genesis packaging but i could never verify it.

as for mallrats im pretty sure it was a saturn not a genesis.

Oops...wrong movie. I was thinking of The Navigators - a New Zealand/Aussie film. I barely remeber Flight of the Navigator, but now that you mention it, I remember the scene.

Originally posted by SilentSnipeR@Sep. 07 2002, 5:48 pm

I think i remember a little kid playing a GameGear in "Chuky 3". Or it might have been a first generation Atari Lynx

It was a Lynx. I remember because he was playing with it, yet there was no actual cartridge in the machine, just like the GG in Rumble in the Bronx.

Mike

In Mallrats, I think they used a screenshot from one Sega system & controllers from another Sega system, but i'd have to watch it again to be sure....

genisis cntrler

coem to think of it the graffix on the hockey game look kinda 32bit ish, but i think they shot that movie in 1994 so there shouldn't be any saturn components in the bedroom.

btw.

saw 3 saturns at the flea market today

the one in the best condition with all the hookups was also the one with the best price at 35$ (i didn't haggle as i wasn't going to buy it)

lotsa game gears and one master system

instead of buying video games though i got some back issues of hustler and barely legal for a buck each

saved at least 30 bucks

Yeah, in Black Mask, Jet Li lets his 'hostage' play Darius Gaiden and other games on a Saturn. She does well for someone playing with a controller backwards, all bounded up, eh?
smile.gif

Originally posted by sizone@Sep. 08 2002, 5:31 pm

coem to think of it the graffix on the hockey game look kinda 32bit ish, but i think they shot that movie in 1994

Well if they looked 32 bit ish it could have been a genesis controller and a 3do.. maybe i'm not sure but just takin a stab.

well it could have been a genesis, but i remember during the commentary track on the dvd, kevin smith mentions a deal with sega sports using their NHL game in the movie, and that indeed is the footage of it, the saturn release i'm sure, but the system very well could have been a genesis with EA NHL 94 in it.

Back