Half Life 2 delayd until April 2004

yup folks, the leaked source code is causing Valve to go back and make sure there isn't rampant mulitplayer cheating.

"Summary:

The theft of part of its source code has delayed until April 2004 the launch of Half Life II, the hotly anticipated alien-hunting game of Vivendi Universal Games. "A third of the source code was stolen. It's serious because it forces us to delay the launch of the game by at least four months, that is to April 2004. Just the time to rewrite parts of the game." Read the full article for more details.

http://www.gamershell.com/news_BHalf-Life2...ayeduntil.shtml

hope whoever stole it is happy now

April... dang

well at least that will give more time for people like me to get a best video card :D

Actually, it looks like the Half Life 2 beta has been leaked. If you check out hl2world.com or gaming message boards, you'll see several people or sites posting screen shots from themselves playing the game. I was inclined to not believe them, but considering that literally hundreds of new in-game screen shots have appeared on the net over the last 24 hours, it seem more than likely that a version is floating about.

Either way it's irrelevant to me. My PC has no chance of running in the first place (plus I'm not to crazy about first person shooters anyway)

im kinda of glad even tho i KNEW it wouldnt be out this year (considering they had to rewrite a lot of code just for the Nvidia crowd) because like stated we now have more time to save.....or watch those video cards start dropping in price. id love to get a 9700 on the cheap after new year.

Originally posted by Sundance_2@Oct 8, 2003 @ 01:50 PM

Actually, it looks like the Half Life 2 beta has been leaked.

There's certainly something out there. *sigh*

Actually I think the half life 2 playable that is out now is more of an alpha than a beta. Some people I know have been playing it and they say it is very incomplete and has lots of graphical problems. Not tempted to try it myself but I can point somebody in the right direction if they are interested.

About the theft: bastards

About the delay: Outstanding!! Gives me more time to try to get a pc that will be able to run the game.

pickle = valve whore

Back