Half life on Dreamcast for sale

http://forum.edge-online.com/viewtop....start=0

I can vouch that its a real copy, he does have pictures in his yahoo profile of it running and of the cd. ITs a GD rom version as well.

How did he get it? He used to work at sega and is now currently selling it. Anyone fancy buying it and ripping it for us all?
wink.gif

(And no i aint the seller, wish i was)

First of all, this page requires registration and somehow, I doubt that Sega would have a copy of it.

Sierra, I'm sure, but not Sega.

I've seen screenshots too, but that doesn't mean somebody has it up for sale.

I can't say anything about the auction, but those pages are the forums of the English game magazine, Edge. Additionally, at a recent forum meet a guy who had previously claimed to own a copy of DC Half-Life (discussed here as well sometime during last summer) brought his copy along and showed it, so copies do exist. (For more info and pics on the Edge meet, see the ASSEMbler message board.)

and I don't think a SEGA rep would be selling it on a forum... Or even selling it for that matter... And even if he was he would make it way more public like www.ebay.com... Ebay, or something else used widely... Not a forum that seeks only a select few that isnt too popular anyways.

Originally posted by Jaded God@Jan. 06 2003, 4:00 pm

and I don't think a SEGA rep would be selling it on a forum... Or even selling it for that matter... And even if he was he would make it way more public like www.ebay.com... Ebay, or something else used widely... Not a forum that seeks only a select few that isnt too popular anyways.

You cant sell beta items on ebay, as he found out apparently. Also many of the people on the edge forum would rather sell their items to people quickly and a bit cheaper as they'd rather get away from the whole 'any one can buy the game on ebay for a billion squid'.

Many people dont believe it is for sale, but he is apparently selling it to fund bigger developments. What ever they may be.

Sorry i forgot to mention you do need to register to access that part of the edge forum. Edge is a magazine in the uk which is seen as the industrys magazine and offers a totally different hardcore view than anyone else.

Originally posted by NeoNero@Jan. 07 2003, 12:13 am

Edge is a magazine in the uk which is seen as the industrys magazine and offers a totally different hardcore view than anyone else.

Or a magazine that's up it's own arse would be another way of putting it, but it's certainly better than most games magazines.

Back