have any tired pocketnes? - nes emulator for the advance

If u have an advance ,u have to get a flash card (expensive those) because their emulator that play nes games on your advance. it still can't play all the games yet, but its already at full speed and the screen is adjusted to the advance resolution, also there sound but not that great.There just somethimes cool playing
games like metroid, contra, zelda,all the mega man games,super c, dragon warrior 1,2 final fantasy 1 (there still minor glitch on these game but its playable)great work by loopy!

PocketNES sounds quite impressive from what I've heard about it... I don't have a flash cart or multiboot cable (IIRC there's a multiboot version of it, but I'm not sure) to try it out though. Once I try it, I'm sure I will once again recognize Loopy as an NES god :).

id say if the roms had glitches like for example mike tyson (the rom i have and i do own the game) it has binary numbers all over mike tyson at the start so ie it would have it on the PocketNES (it does on nester for dc)

I had a go at using Excitebike in Visualboy Advance with it, the graphics were pretty glitchy but it was easily full speed. It probably would work better on an actual GBA I guess. There is also another tool which just converts the NES rom to GBA format which wasn't quite so succesful but will probably be more convenient I think once it's been developed a bit more.

PocketNES does indeed work nicely on a real GBA. There's understandably some visual artifacting if you use the scaled screen mode, but it's not too tough to get used to on the stuff I tried. There's also a "window" mode in case the game you're playing has enough non-critical screen area - I suspect that this would work well for Excitebike. I think it can also be set up so that the "window" follows a particular sprite or is set up based on memory locations (for games that do evil things with sprite ordering).

Back