• Rise from your gwave!

Have I killed my Saturn? :(

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by Funkstar De Luxe, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Funkstar De Luxe

Funkstar De Luxe New Member

Today when I went to play my my Saturn the games wouldn't load. So I left the CD lid opon to see what was happening. The CD started to spin and load then it began to spin BACKWARDS! I turned off the machine and then back on again, the CD booted fine. However the characters were just large black blocks! Now when I try to play a game the CD spins for about 1/100th of a second and then gradually slow down until it's stoppped. During this proccess the lazer is moving in and out rapidy as if it is trying to focus. What can I do? Have I killed it by doing the swap trick? :(

2. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

Your Saturn is drunk...try it tomorow! :)

I don't think that its the swap trick...well i think,since i don't know the way you're doin the swaptrick.

(Edited by ShinJedah at 7:55 am on Feb. 16, 2002)

3. Funkstar De Luxe

My swap trick method:- Boot with copied Cd wait untill it's slowed down to read protection code (Gently) take out copied CD, put in Official CD. CD will the speed up, then I put the copied CD back in. I take very good care of my Satun, I miss her so much :(

4. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

I never seen a Saturn trashed from the Swap Trick...i couldnt know what it is...i sure someone will know..patience.

5. Funkstar De Luxe

It's as if the CD trys to spin then cuts out. It does this three times befor giving up. I don't thing the CD motor has burned out other wise it wouldn't spin at all right? I really hope I can get it fixed.

6. mal

mal Member

Aparently Fabrizo had a similar problem with CDs spinning backwards. He hasn't yet said if he's got it to work properly though...

7. Funkstar De Luxe

I read it before posting, but it didn't help me much :(

8. Funkstar De Luxe

I'm going to post this topic in Tech Help (just to warn any mods :))