Having trouble getting code to execute...

slinga

Established Member
Hey guys,

I'm still having trouble getting saturn code to execute on Linux. I don't know if the problem is my code, compiler\linker, how I create an iso, etc. Any help is appreciated. Here is the sample code:

Code:
#include "sgl.h" // Required for basic sgl functions

void ss_main(void)

{

// Initializing functions

slInitSystem(TV_320x224, NULL, 1); // Initializes screen

do{

slPrint("Hello World", slLocate(1,1));

slSynch();

}while(1);

}

This compiles with no warnings, no errors.

Here's how I convert sl.bin->sl.iso

mkisofs -sysid "SEGA SATURN" -volid "Your Progam" -volset "Your Program" -publisher "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -preparer "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -appid "YourProgram" -abstract "~/satprog/iso/ABS.TXT" -copyright "~/satprog/iso/CPY.TXT" -biblio "~/satprog/iso/BIB.TXT" -generic-boot ~/satprog/iso/IP.BIN -full-iso9660-filenames -o sl.iso sl.bin

This executes without error as well. I haven't tried burning it yet but I will. Is there any linux program like isobuster where I can see the contest of an iso? I know I can mount the iso but it's a pain...

When I try the program with Yabause, I get the Saturn intro, then the Sega logo, and then the game kicks back to the cd player. I'm not sure where in the process I'm screwing up.

In my case, the last argument of mkisofs was a 'cd' folder, where ABS.TXT, BIB.TXT, CPY.TXT and the binary executable 0.bin are present.

The paths of *.TXT in commandline are relative to 'cd'.

IP.BIN is not in 'cd'.

You are correct. It works now. Correct method is now:

mkisofs -sysid "SEGA SATURN" -volid "Your Progam" -volset "Your Program" -publisher "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -preparer "SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD." -appid "YourProgram" -abstract "~/satprog/iso/ABS.TXT" -copyright "~/satprog/iso/CPY.TXT" -biblio "~/satprog/iso/BIB.TXT" -generic-boot ~/satprog/iso/IP.BIN -full-iso9660-filenames -o sl.iso 0sl.bin ~/satprog/iso/*.TXT

Back