Hello, i am new

Welcome!

Oh, and since you're new, check out this cool page made by Mysticales.
wink.gif

No it isnt. We ALL said Hi when we started in General forum. Nothing wrong at ALL with that, Please mind manners.

Yea 101 page needs some updating IF I ever get some reports on how you all think it should be...what should be known and so on...

Maim three birds with one stone:

Matrix: Hello.

Gamefoo: Where did you get that icon?! I love OMF.

Mysticales: How about directly linking to the FAQs in miscellaneous? I feel like miscellaneous should be renamed or something, but in the meantime, making a navigation page would be sweet. And Do's/don'ts would be on it's own page.

Know what I'm saying?

I'm more than willing to put it together, if needs be.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@May 07 2002,15:54

I count four birds, five if including you.
biggrin.gif

Four? Where's four? Matrix, gamefoo, mysticales... I'm pretty sure that's three...

???

LOL You forgot Akuma!!!

Anyways I havent touched the Misc page much....HELL MOST links here need updating.....I try to do some each time but still
wink.gif

who cares how you spell it, its not as though the japanese use the latin alphabet

apart from the characters in project A-ko

Originally posted by soldermonkey@May 08 2002,08:46

who cares how you spell it, its not as though the japanese use the latin alphabet

apart from the characters in project A-ko

yeah, but spelling is spelling. and spelling worng isnt good. but you are right, they dont use the latian characters much, but there is a way to spell their words with them. if that isnt good enoguh then use a japanese text editor thingy-ma-bobber to make japanese characters.

anyways hey matrix.

they dont use the latian characters much, but there is a way to spell their words with them

No, there are several ways to romanize Japanese. None of them is universally "right", and IIRC "ohayo" is correct in the traditional Hepburn system but for lack of a macron (which can't be easily typed with standard American keymaps). It's "wrong" in that it doesn't do anything to indicate the extended vowel, but it could just as easily be argued that the extension is a word-specific implication. To truly be unambiguous, it's necessary to either specify the system of romanization being used or just write in the Japanese script. If there's actual confusion or this occurs in a technical discussion of the language, that's one thing. A throwaway comment really just isn't worth it.

Damn, did I just write all that crap? Maybe I really should go to bed...
devil.gif

Back