Help... somebody???

Uhhh... hi... can someone help, I have a ver1.0 jap saturn (the old gray one with the access light) and she's been working like a bomb since day dot, it is chipped, although I don't have many CD-Rs for it...but what has been happening recently, is that the only burnt game which I REALLY wanna play is bombing out!! It is a copy of the US Shining force3, and it will randomly just pause, think, stumble, and then say something like "cd-read error, check pick up lens or cd" now is it my machine packing in... it doesn't seem to be doing that with anything else... or should I just chuck the copy, and laugh off the game... I can't afford for this machine to pack in, because I'm in darkest africa, where they don't even know what a Saturn is!!! Please help/ offer fixing advice... thanks!!! :D

Might be a bad burn. If you have the ISO you burnt it from try burning at a slower speed.

If another burn wont work try cleaning your laser lens,if that doesn´t work try adjusting the laser pot a little bit clockwise ;)

ummm, I tried to clean the lens several times... I no longer have the ISO... so unfortunately that's out of the question... Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is the laser pot, and how do I adjust it... and have I got a greater chance of messing things up than fixing them???

:blink:

Yes, you could make things worse by playing with this.

There is at least one FAQ in the Help and FAQs section on tweaking the laser for CDRWs. This information may be relevant to you.

It's possible (though probably not very likely) that the CD is degrading... you could just copy it to a fresh CD blank with your PC, it should take care of correcting any errors along the way (or you could rip the CD to bin/cue, then check the image with CDmage for corrupted sectors and repair them if you want to be absolutely sure). :)

Back