Help with BIN+CUE

I have a problem with Sega CD images that I just can't seem to figure out.

Is it possible for GenS (or Kega, I've tried both) to play the audio tracks of the game when the image is in BIN+CUE format?

For example, I ripped "Bouncers" with a variety of programs (CDRWin, Blindread, Isobuster). Each time it says that it is ripping the audio tracks. I then open them up with Isobuster. Though I do not see them in the .bin, they are in the .cue. I can even rip the tracks to .wav from the .bin, so I know the music is in there. However, when I play the game, there is no background music in the stages. This is where the audio track in the game is supposed to play.

Is there any way to work around this problem and hear the audio track music while playing a .bin image. I prefer the quality and sync accuracy of the BIN+CUE method as opposed to the ISO+MP3 method, but it's beginning to look like I don't have a choice if I want the background music.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

-CP

The FMs from the Genesis Project only mentions playback from iso/bin/raw and mp3 or wav files.

It doesn't mention bin/cue files. I think they both need seperate audio tracks

I did RTFM, and then I RTFM again to make sure I didn't miss anything. It talked about having an iso of the data track and mp3's of the audio tracks. I want to know if it is possible to play the game with the audio with a full BIN+CUE rip of the game. Sort of like how Ages has the option to load the cue file (not sure if this would actually solve my problem. I tried it but Ages crashed before I got to the stage where the audio track is played). Another question might be, is there a way in Gens to load a cue file, so it just reads the audio tracks from the bin? Or will I just have to rip the BIN+CUE and then rip the audio tracks and convert to mp3's?

Sorry if my first post wasn't clear.

-CP

If TFM doesn't mention the possibility of using bin/cue format it's a pretty good bet you can't. You could also hop over to the Gens forum and ask the author himself.

Back